Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Still seething ....

..... just got off of the phone with my "patient advocate".

Here's what I know:  
The CT scans that I brought in work fine on the personal computers in my doctor's office. Evidently they are not compatible with the computer SYSTEM at MDA, which would mean another CT scan.
However, they sent the CT scans to the radiologist's office last night so that he could view them on his personal computer (no, I don't know why they didn't do that earlier, or while I was there).  
Then he had a conversation with a doctor in Interventional Radiology because he, and now this new doctor, believe that I need a different kind of biopsy.
What is "Interventional Radiology", you may ask?  Well, knowing that you would, and knowing that I had no idea except that it sounds worse than just regular Radiology, I went to the website and copied a small blurb:

State-of-the-art imaging techniques including fluoroscopy, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT scans), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are utilized to guide the placement of needles, catheters, and devices directly to target sites deep within the body through a small skin incision. These procedures are often performed under local anesthesia with intravenous (IV) sedation and typically do not require general anesthesia.

I.  Can.  Not.  Freaking.  Wait.

This just keeps getting better and better, does it not?

So, my patient advocate said that it usually takes 24 hours to get these things scheduled, though they are all working to expedite this.



And now, since I don't have to be anywhere until 12:30 today (because I put myself on restriction from work ..... don't think I can give a lot of care if I'm seething at God today, and don't want to be responsible for scaring off potential members), I think I shall swallow a Xanax and crawl back into bed.

I think I'm going to weigh 90 pounds and have a permanent nervous tic before this is all over.
And no, I'm really not taking too many Xanax (very, very few and very, very rarely).  And really, most times I write such things I'm attempting to use humor, which might not always translate well amongst the people who read this and don't know me.  Heck, it might not even translate well amongst the people who do know me, which would totally explain why no one seemed to get the humor in the "how much Xanax ..." question.

So, to those of you in can, please keep praying for me.
Please.

UPDATE:
CRAP!  Scratch the Xanax and bed.  I'm now going out to look at floor samples.  Only because I need to get this going so it will be over sooner, rather than later.  Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

6 comments:

kdawnmartin said...

Floor samples? What floor? Your redoing something else and didn't tell me? Or you did and I was under the infulence when I read about it??? Maybe. But again what floor? Love you and don't take no crap off nobody! Don't make me come down there and make a scene. Love you tons sis!

Unknown said...

Take a shovel to your next appointment and when they ask WHY you brought a shovel tell them if they don't do what they need to do or have said they are going to do it is for them to use to dig themselves a grave because after your long line of friends and family get through with them that is all that will be needed!
Love you and continuing to pray,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm so serious about the kicking idea. If you need me to come along and kick someone for you I have several pairs of pointy shoes.
I love you.

Janine said...

Dawn,
Pulling out the disgusting carpet in my home and replacing it with something else.
Not sure what .... but something.
Thus .... the looking at samples.
I have a love/hate relationship with my contractor/designer.

Janine said...

Julie and Tamara ....
Come on along ..... bring the shovel and the shoes.
Please.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning my darling daughter. What they all said....I second it!
Your MDA needs an attitude adjustment. And there are plenty out here who are ready to take on that job!! Me first, me first!!!
I love you very much.