And am furious and sad and so, so done.
I hate MD Anderson because some idiot failed to send my CT scans to the radiologist, who didn't look at my chart close enough to know where in the hell he was supposed to scan. And then he didn't have the right probe to find the tumor because it's too deep to be picked up by the normal one. And I hate them because they didn't want to take the time to find the films so that I could get this over with today. And because I am now waiting on the car and going home, with no idea of when I'll have to do this all over agan.
And most of all, at this very moment --- I hate God.
Because OMG has He not allowed ENOUGH crap into my life already???!!!!!! He couldn't make this ONE THING, just one, just a little easier for me?!
Oh...and no, they don't give you one freaking thing to relax you. Just a local ... to jab a needle so deeply into me that it can't be seen with a regular ultrasound.
Do not preach at me.
I know this will pass, but I'm being brutally honest .... in this moment.
Which means writing ..... that today, this day, I hate.
UPDATE:
Now that I am on a real computer, and not my phone, I can elaborte.
And still hate.
I got there at 12:45 for my bloodwork. No problem.
I went in for the ultrasound at 2:00. Then the problems began.
The tech didn't know what he was looing for, nor where to look. He kept asking me where it was and I KEPT telling him that I was not the holder of the knowledge of its exact location!! It can't be felt, it can't be seen and it's very, very deep. "So get out the damn machine and start looking"(was running through my head,but not out of my lips). He finally did start looking and then realized it was, indeed, too deep and he couldn't find it without some special type of ultrasound. So he left for a while to go find that.
When he returned he spent quite a bit of time pushing it harder and harder onto me to find the tumor, which he finally spotted. Or so he thinks. He took measurements and then called THE doctor, who looked at it, said it was bigger than was measured in the CT scan report, wherever the hell that was, and wanted to look at the scans to make sure they stuck a needle into the correct spot (yes, I give him credit for that one).
But ..... I guess no one in the first doctor's office felt it was necessary to load those into the computer so that other doctors could see them.
And, it seems that no one in the radiologist's office, nor in the first doctor's office, wanted to find them and get them to the radiologist. At least .... not today.
And even though I was very upset, crying and telling them that I was told EVERYTHING would be done TODAY, I got nowhere. Not even when I gave them the underlying story of my stressful year, Jim's death, the health of my kids and all of the testing we'd gone through. I am stressed and I want this over with .... and was promised that it would be by the end of today.
He nodded and said, 'Sorry'.
And said I'd probably be able to come back in a day or so.
If I hadn't been lying on that table, mostly naked, I think I would've gotten up and kicked him and his assistant in the crotch. But my eyes were still a little blurry from the rage and the tears so I just laid there.
The woman who took me back to the dressing room said she was sorry, and that yes, someone had made a big mistake. And then she said, "Have a blessed day!".
Lucky for her she didn't have much of a crotch.
So there you go. Medical incompetence at it's best. And God chose me today .... to feel the brunt of it.
My level of trust (for Him, for the stinking medical world) has dropped off considerably today.
I think it's time for some serious adult beverages. Or maybe something even more "altering". Maybe a plane ride to some far off island.
On a one-way-ticket.
27 comments:
Oh NOOOO! I don't believe this. All I can say is that I understand. And I want to kick something on your behalf.
I'm sorry. No preaching from me! I'm just sorry, for everything going on right now. I'm sorry. and I love you.K
My darling daughter. . .just so you know, I'm right there with you on the hate thing. I am so, so sorry that things can't go easily for you just once. ONCE. I really don't think that's asking too much. Have a bottle of wine or 12 and TRY to relax. I know that is probably not possible.
I love you so very very much.
I am so sorry. And this from what is rated as THE BEST Cancer hospital in the US for 2008????
How frustrating!!! I've been thinking about you all afternoon and I so sorry you had such a, there's no adjective to describe, kind of day.
Love you!
DT
No preaching from me either . . . the sad thing is I would have been surprised if things went smoothly . . . I really want to bite my tongue but I can't . . . so how much are they charging you and/or your insurance for your entertainment for the day? You don't have to answer that . . . I'm just venting oh wait you are the one that is suppose to be venting . . . SORRY!
Ughhhhhhh! It sounds like they were totally unprepared!
Love you,
L
UGH....SO frustrating. Someone would have for SURE been YELLED at...and it wouldn't have sounded too "christian"!!!!
So sorry....now I'm startin' to get angry for you!
I am so sorry this happened to you today. I'm with Linds I want to go kick something. Its just not fair.
You need to vent, you are entitled to your bad days, you are. I sometimes felt that I needed to vent it all out for the simple hope that at least one person would listen to me, talk to me and tell me it was going to be ok even if they weren't sure it would be. When it rains it pours. Sometimes we feel like the cards we have been dealt are awful. For me..I wondered how I could have cancer not once but twice, how I could love so many people close to me and have them be taken away, how could all five aunts now have cancer, how could we go into bankrupcty, how could the dog have renal failure, how could our business close...how, WHY...
People will tell you HE will not give you more than you can handle. Sometimes to that, I say "then I wish he didn't trust me so much." But, I have survived it all and you will as well. You have no idea how strong you are and how many people admire your strength and your ability to get through the toughest days. That does not mean you do not have a right to vent...so vent away.
But...I have realized some things from a couple songs...one of which I have written you about before..I think...
I'm Alive-Kenny Chesney
Another Door Closes-Jont.
Please listen to the second one...
"When another door closes, I hope you feel the window opening...."
I am so sorry. My eyes filled up with tears as I read your post. My heart hurts for you. You have every right to vent and be angry and to let it out. Much better to let it out than hold it in. I will keep praying for peace for you in the midst of the storm. Again, I am so sorry that they messed up so bad and they messed up really bad. Makes you wonder how MD Anderson got their reptuation, bet yours is not an isolated incident. Thinking of you.....
You need a hug.
((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))
Gail
Oh, Janine, I'm so sorry. I saw your tweet earlier & wondered what had gone wrong. I hope you can hang in there and get this figured out soon. Praying for you!
I wish you the best. Things can only get better and brighter from here. Elaine
Oooh, I'm a good kicker, just let me at them. Argh I'm so mad *for* you. I just don't have words to express how I feel. Love you!
Rebecca
No preaching from me neither..I too have been in the HATING level from time to time..I wish I could've drop kick someone for you..Too bad you couldn't kick them in the crotches..That way they would learn not to mess with a woman on the edge..We can only be pushes so far..So much you have endured this passed year..These big hospitals leave nothing to be desired administratively, medically, the doctors are only good as their staff is..I know it's hard, and you want to scream, but try to hang in there..You're in my thoughts my new friend...
Bug Hugs for you
I am so Pis%*d FOR you! How dare they treat a human being the way they did, you!
Grrrr.........
J, I am so sorry that your day went so shitty! Yes...I said it! I wish I could have been there with you and I would have kicked someone if not multipule people in the crotches. I also agree with the hating part. I just don't understand WHY???? WHY YOU! WHY the constant downs and hardly any UPS? WHY? Your time is WAY long over due. I love you J, and am with mom...have a couple bottles of wine and it will seem some what better. I am so sorry this happened to you. I need phone numbers. you give em, I'll call em! I love you sis!
Dear J,
HMMMMM...seems like the folks who e-mailed you to set up - no, tell you when - the appointment would be should have copied themselves! I would have been shaking with anger and frustration. To treat someone like a number and then screw the pooch on the whole thing... If you are done with the "best" down there and would like to try a more northerly best... T and I just saw a story about doctors BEGINNING to use check lists for procedures. Seems like a no-brainer to me and it would have saved you a lot of trouble.
Sorry, sorry, sorry,
Love,
A
ok- got it said this for you just now... Come ON God!!!
Absolutely pathetic! Who can we trust our healthcare to these days when the best can't even get it remotely right. Scary! I want to go throw-up for you. Thinking of you.
I'm with you. I had a really emotional, hard day too. I am in Washington today...drove the 7 hour drive up here this morning, but it took 9 because of the snow and ice storm on the way. We are here for the hearing...hoping to be able to bring our new "son" home with us. After the meeting with the attorney today, it doesn't look good. The local DHS here is fighting us because they want the foster father to adopt him. He is in a home with a single, gay parent...and they would rather leave him there than allow us, related, two-parent, certified foster, wonderful home...to adopt him. We are on Whidbey Island...and they apparently tend to get and do whatever they want to here. We don't stand much of a chance at this point. I guess if we were wealthy and could afford a great lawyer, maybe things would be different. There is a lot more to this story, but it's too long and too corrupt to go into. I'm just sickened and so stressed by it all. I just don't understand how they could consider a life without a mommy "better" for this child, or how they can discount the fact that we are FAMILY. ARRGGHHH!!!
Okay, I'm sorry, I just needed to rant a little. I'm really tired.
I'm so sorry about your appointment today. I'll be happy to go with Dawn and kick some doctor nards! I can't believe that they just keep messing with you like that. Who's in charge? I'd LOVE to call him/her.:( I wish I could order you a break. Maybe we should take one together!
I love you J.
Lis
i'm sooooo sorry. :( i have asked the same question you are...why on earth God allows people like us who have already been through hell to keep getting blindsided by other crap. i wish you didn't have to. i haven't had any more patience, love or trust than you. i wish He would stop it. hugs from oz...
No words really, to say that is really disappointing just doesn't seem strong enough. I mean it is just too much to take that this would happen. So sorry it all seems to be happening to you. Praying for you.
Love,
Julie
Yet again, my heart aches for you and the continued suffering you are going through. I am pleading to God for this medical mess to end-NOW! I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience yesterday.
I love you.
Two words----THEY BLOW!!
I am so sorry. I am praying that today is a better day.
On the kicking note, I threaten to kick people all the time. Out loud and to their face. If you threaten it out loud it feels almost as good as actually doing it. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it.
Post a Comment