Well, one huge "first" down this week ....... one more left to go.
The Ball was fun.
Until a little after midnight ..... when I started choking on/in the waves.
But ...... I didn't drown.
Putting on "The Dress" was hard ....
.... putting on makeup while trying not to cry was hard ....
.... so was putting on my jewelry ......
.... my hands were shaking .... a lot.
But .... I did it.
I woke up this morning to discover that I had chewed the crud out of the inside of my mouth.
I am discovering all kinds of ways that I unknowingly handle stress.
I need to do something about the mouth thing .... that hurts.
The sun is shining here in NOLA and it's beautiful outside.
I've uploaded my photos and am working on the videos.
We fly back around 5:00 p.m.
I'll be glad to be home.
I've missed my son.
I've missed my bed (getting old stinks .... you miss your bed?!).
Here are some pictures from the night .... the Ball was held inside the Convention Center and it was pretty dark, so it's hard to see details, but ......... --- this was the "theme" in our home while the kids were growing up (really, if you asked them what the theme was ..... this is what they'd say) ---
........ "You get what you get."
On to the pics:
Here I am .... I wish you could see the details of the dress better:
I wish I had taken some shots of K & J, but he was on the float until late .... and by then my camera had died, from taking too many videos. I think I need a new camera.
So there you go.
Another "first" ......... I think I feel a little stronger today.
Still a bit shaky ..... but definitely stronger.
Must be from all of the water-treading and wave-riding.
12 comments:
You looked really pretty in your dress.
Love, L
OMG R & V are there with you?!! I love them!! Tell them hi and a huge hug from me!!!! (I need to call R!!) You look beautiful in your dress J. Glad you didn't "drown" - you're a brave woman!! Sending lots of love and prayers.
Good morning my darling daughter. All I can say is, "Oh wow!" You are absolutely stunning. And don't you dare argue with me! I'm so very proud of you. I knew you could do it. I love you sooo much.
you looked beautiful, and it looked like you had a fantastic time. good for you for stepping out with real courage. i'm super proud of you!
You did look beautiful. Yes, it stinks to get old, we all miss our beds when away from home and I even take my pillow with me when I go on trips longer than one or two nights....see what you have to look forward to, ha, ha. Praying for you this week. You are taking one step at a time and doing new things and they are hard but you are going forward which is a very wise thing to do..
Wow, what a bod! Remember Jim saying you didn't need to dress up like at young Tart at Carol's 50th birthday party because you are a young tart! He was right!!! You are a gorgeous woman! Love, Cindy
I was wondering where K was.I've already said it on facebook but will repeat myself here...Stunning and Hot all at the same time!!! I love you! Oh...2 more pounds gone!
Wow, u did a great job and r growing stronger because of all ur experiences. WOW...U look smokin in the dress, so if nothing else....feel great about that. :)
I was thinking of you this morning & I thought, you're so brave, I don't think I would be able to go & smile for pictures & all. Hope you're enjoying your time!
You are beautiful--and so is the dress. What would we do without our girlfriends to help get us through stuff.
Glad you are home home.
You look gorgeous, and bravery becomes you. Congratulations on your knew wave surfing abilities, of course you know that the love you have in your heart lifts you up and the love God has for you lifts you even higher. You are not alone. Good job ;)
one thing to say about the picture in at the top...
bow chica bow wow
-son number 2
PS.
Get better soon mom,
I need somebofy home to do my laungry!!! (just kidding, I just need to bug you about life ;])
Post a Comment