Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feeling the need to scream ....

.... so I'll write.

     I know that "the wait" is stressing me.  I know that it's affecting me physically and emotionally. And I know that it's out of my hands, as so much has been.

So today I'm feeling overwhelmed.  

I have a dead battery that won't stay charged.

I have a boat license that needs to be renewed but they won't let me do that until I transfer the title from Jim's name into mine.  And that, is not simple, but overwhelming.

I have many accounts that need a name change.  But no one will ever just take my word for it that he is dead.  I have to jump through so many hoops that I just can't do it.

Every-single-thing-is-so-damn-hard!  

Yes, I know that there are men out there who would help me if I'd ask.  But these are men with families, with jobs, with their own "stuff" to deal with .... and so I hate to ask.

I know that doesn't make sense .... unless you are/or have been where I am.  

I have a son who needs better mothering than he's getting right now.
I have several things that need  more from me right now.

But I seem to be paralyzed and overwhelmed .... by "the wait".

And so I write.
And feel a little better.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi J,

I haven't commented in a while, but I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and thinking of you. Lots and lots of prayers coming your way ..... and hoping the "wait" will lay off just a little.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I love you...SO MUCH.

Lisanne

Anonymous said...

I love you...SO MUCH.

Lisanne

Ami said...

It's almost Wednesday, right? So I'll ask...why is it taking so long to get these test results back!??! Don't 'they' know how draining the wait is?!

Meredith said...

Praying for you...

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog and I figured he (the wait) was drivng you crazy because it's driving me crazy not to call every 30 minutes to ask if you have heard anything. Glad I went to Bethie tonight but it was a tough one. Maybe we should start fear.com like despair.com? Just what you need one more electornic media to keep up with.