(this was from a very good day in Sept 2007. Jim is driving, J, L & S were visiting)

.... at least from me.
And to me, though the volumes it speaks are varied and many .... depending on the type of silence, I suppose.
But here -- on my blog -- silence from me means that the emotions are too close to the surface to write.
And sometimes .... it also means that I am so overwhelmed that .... There. Are. No. Words.
(which I'm just going to start writing as T.A.N.W. ---- so that will be a sort of secret between me and you .....). There may be days when all I post is a picture ..... and I'll title it, T.A.N.W.
Or maybe there won't be a picture at all.
And you'll "get it".
But today is not that day.
His father did a very, very good job.
I had a friend who left me a card, and another who left me some beautiful potted tulips.
(I wonder how long they will survive in my care? Any bets?)
I had some very loving friends come and share dinner and wine with me and Son #3.
I am blessed.
So someone who works in scheduling at the hospital must also not like VD, because that person decided to switch up my schedule, yet again, on VD. They must've been in a tiff because they had to work on VD, got no chocolate on VD, or just wanted to see who's life they could just give a little a dig into the ribs.
Guess I won the lottery that day.
As of now, at this very moment in time, knowing that the "powers that be" at MDA may, at any nano-second, switch it all up again ..... here is the plan:
I don't have to be down there until Wednesday, at 7:15 a.m. And then I will spend a good part of that day having all kinds of fun tests done, appointments with various doctors, and probably just waiting around.
I don't know what time the surgery will be on Thursday .... I don't know anything (zero, zilch, nada, nothing-at-all) about the surgery (the time, how it will be done, where they are going in, how I will be affected afterward ..... and, the most important thing of all ..... how long will it be until I can play tennis afterwards?). I won't get any of this information until the day before the surgery.
Go figure.
Here's what I've learned from my experience with this hospital so far: they do not enjoy giving the "personal touch" (i.e. talking by phone; only by e-mail, in response to 5 of mine, or ... if I sound on the verge of slitting my wrists in a phone message .... they may call. But never to give me info. Never.)
My plan, today, is to stay at a hotel near the hospital that night, rather than driving all the way back home (an hour), not sleeping, and getting up early the next day to drive back in for the surgery.
I am told to expect to stay one to two nights.
I'm totally voting for one.
Last night I was hit by another attack of insomnia, which was very, very frustrating because I thought I had whipped that.
I suppose I thought wrong ..... since I didn't fall asleep until around 3:30 a.m.
Sigh.
This morning I played tennis .... wasn't looking forward to it on 4 hours of sleep, but I'm so glad that I went. Somedays I wish I could play every single day. It makes everything seem just a bit better.
I then went into work for a bit, ran a couple of errands and am now home with Son #3, Mom, D, Gabby, Sassy and the two felines.
I am waiting to take Mom and Sassy to my vet for her first checkup this afternoon (Sassy's, not Mom's --- and don't even try to act like some of you weren't going there!).
Tonight I have Grief Share.
All prayers, as always, will be appreciated from 7 pm till 9 pm.
OK, that's it. An weekend full of emotion.
Hopefully, a week full of less.
Thank you for hanging in there with, and for, me.
I. Am. Blessed.
UPDATE:
Just returned from a fun-filled time at the vet! Gabby weighs 114 lbs and can totally whoop my butt on a leash. She can now drag me anywhere she pleases .... and she did.
It. Was. Humiliating.
And a wee bit hilarious .... for everyone watching.
Eight months old ......
I think, that at around 10 months, I will invest in a saddle.
Sassy was great .... weighs 24 pounds at 8 weeks.
Don't tell my mom this ..... but she is TOTALLY going to weigh more, and be bigger than, Gabby.
Totally.
And I will be the one thinking that's hilarious!!
17 comments:
Always and forever! I love you. Have fun taking mom uumm I mean Sassy to the Vet. Hee hee mom! JK! And yes Jim did a fabulous job as did you!
Son #3 is the teenager? I think he's my son's age and I cannot fathom my son would ever consider being so fabulous. I mean, I love my son and all....I'm just sayin'. That gesture alone speaks volumes! Great Job. Oh & I'm not into VD either!!!!! :)
Yes, he's the youngest and he's 14.
Thank you .... I think he's pretty fabulous (mostly).
:)
Oh what a sweetie Son # 3 is! Yes that was a good visit but I sure remember the non stop nagging whine that rhymes with the sound of a sheep going baaaa baaa baaaa. She gave son # 1 such a hard time and only wanted to be with daughter # 1 who was like whatever!
xo L
I am thankful and grateful that Son #3 learned so well from Jim. He will remember forever what Jim did for you and he will be a great husband and always a good son. You are blessed. Praying for you tonight as you go to grief share.
Love you. Prayers for tonight. you know how I feel about teenaged boys/young men in general...I will go out on a limb and say; I think they are Great....I love them! I think this 'species' is all too often overlooked, misunderstood, and unfairly feared. When in reality, they are usually (I say usually- I know there are always exceptions) pretty simple people, eager to please, hard workers, and hungry for approval.
I am not at all surprised that #3 has such a loving heart. All three of your sons are wonderful.
All three of your daughters are pretty darn fabulous too!!! You and Jim have done a great job. I love you, K
I know a couple of your friends who would love to plant the tulips for you and I think I already know the perfect spot. As long as the horse/puppy doesn't go in the front yard very often.
Not only is son#3 a cutie, he has a love for his Mom that is huge and what a sweet and thoughtful gesture.
Praying for grief share tonight.
Love you!
Nat ...
You're on.
Thank you.
Any "Janine walks her puppy" videos to post? The two of you might become a youtube sensation.
JB
sweet sweet son. and with gabby that big. . . you got another?? well at least then both of your shoulders can get pulled out of socket!!
glad ur back, i missed you, but i was praying for you VD and when i couldn't sleep these last three nights, (grrr) i prayed for you, considering these "divine appointments" rather than interruptions to my sleep. but even with the prayer time, i still grumbled.
have a blessed and sleep-filled week.
peace,
kimberly
What a lovely thing for a 14 year old to do--gotta love him for that.
I have been reading your blogs. My birthday is also on June 21st, first day of summer, longest day of the year (my mother always said what a special day in the year it was.) I am also having a big decade year this year (groan), bet mine is a lot older than yours.
Love your blogs.
I know it is hard to believe how fast they are growing, but Huck and Gabby are 8 1/2 mos. old already. They will be 9 mos. on March 4th. And I totally agree, both pups are going to be much bigger than their sibs I think!
MK
I am guessing that that evening of margaritas needs to be scheduled pretty soon!! After you're off of meds enough to enjoy, let me know!
prayers and sleep tight!
T
JB ..... Ummmmmmmm .... no!
Kimberly .... No, I didn't get another dog ... I got one for my mom!
Tri-Vet .... I stand corrected. 8 months.
T --- yes, after the surgery .... very, very soon after. :)
Judemiller1 --- Thank you. Thanks for reading. Thanks for commenting. And what a great day for a birthday!!!
:)
J,
I'm reading this after grief share - I hope it went well.
Yes, S3 is a sweetie - and has great taste. YOU and Jim did a fabulous job with all sons and daughters!
Hang in there with that certain hospital...I'm hoping it's just the front-end people giving you fits, and that the ones actually caring for you before/during the surgery will live up to your expectation, and to the level of service that you deserve. I've found it can vary by dept., unfortunately.
Can't wait for the you tube video of "the walk" to hit the airwaves :-0
L
OK, so should really be careful when you say "she does not like VD" because I did not read that as "Valentines Day" at first.
I think my nephew #3 takes after his wonderful, loving aunt! (No D, not you, ME!) What a great kid!
By the way, remember that my brthday is June 22nd. I remember when you talked the parents into letting me get my ears pierced for my 10th birthday! Sheesh...hard to believe that was 33 years ago!
You were 15 that Summer. Wow.
I sure wish I could get one of those puppies! I always said that one day I wanted a Mastiff. (Once my Newfoundlands were gone!)I still have Bosco though, so no more giant dogs for now. I think Tosh would shoot me if I brought another one home! I'm just going to have to come and visit and love on Gabby:)
Somehow I got totally lost on the whole VD thing...guess I need to go back and read to see what it means! (It's late, and I'm tired and slow.) I'm trying to get my "Shack" book back from daughter #2. She borrowed it and it's in her locker. I can't discuss anything because I can't READ it! (sigh)
Oh well...I love you. VERY. VERY. MUCH.
Lis
Post a Comment