Friday, February 27, 2009

Taking a really, REALLY deep breath ....

..... and making a post.

I have four words to sum up the past 2 days .....

Never. A. Dull. Moment.

You'll have to bear with me .... my eyes are blurry and my hip is killing me so this might not be the most coherent post I've ever written, but I know that you're wondering ......

I got here on time yesterday and everything went according to plan ..... 
until they went in.

And then the surgeon found that the tumor was larger and more extensive than he had thought. 
Not only was it larger, it was also very aggressive and fast-growing.  

It had already started pushing against a bone, thus making a "spot" on that bone and was heading into my hip joint.
He was very glad that we had decided to not wait for this surgery, because there would have been much more damage had it gone into the joint.
Heck .... he thinks he's glad.

So .... bigger tumor, deeper tumor = bigger incision,  deeper incision .... which also means that more muscle was cut .... which also means a WHOLE lotta pain.

I had thought I'd be going home today .... now I'm hoping to go home on Monday.

So ..... there ya go.
For now.

Reading makes me nauseous.

Please pray for quick healing, less pain, less nausea ...... 

I think that's it ....  for now.


27 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear from you. sorry that this was bigger than you and the docs expected (but i'm guessing it didn't really surprise you). i, too, am glad that they operated when they did. praying that your recovery is faster than anticipated, and that you get to go home quickly...i know you will rest much better at home. (besides, i'm sure there's at least one dog there that's missing you.) i love you, j, and am praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOO totally love you!!!
I'm sorry you're hurting...wish I could take it away for you.
I'll call and check in with you when I get home from Utah.

Lis

Linds said...

I am praying. It is good to see you post, and it is also good you did not have to wait and have a whole lot of extra work done, Janine. I am so sorry the pain is bad, but they will take care of that with the meds, won't they? You rest and don't try to do too much too soon. The muscles will heal in time, and thank heavens the surgery is out of the way.

kdawnmartin said...

Monday huh. Wow! I thought Saturday. Just hang in there sis, I guess that is all you can do in a hospital huh. I love you and wish I could be there with you but hey I sent the next best thing! I will pray for comfort and ease of pain for your day! Love you tons!!

Mary Lou said...

J...so glad you were able to post something. It was coherent. You did a great job.Thanks. I have prayed for less pain, now I will pray for no nausea. So grateful that he went in now and was able to get it out. I know that you are thankful and everyone that loves and cares about you. You truly have some great friends that would get up super early in the morning and sit with you thru the tests and then wait for the surgery . You are blessed. Praying for your peace as I have been and for your other requests....Praying as I go..Mary Lou

Wendie said...

I'm glad you posted! I've been worried! Benign?

purejoy said...

so glad the surgery went well and that they were able to take care of everything. i love how God has orchestrated the events and that you didn't have to postpone your surgery. i'm glad you got whatever evilness out that was in there and i'm praying for not only a quick recovery, but also for no more issues with your health in this area. let's give this lady a break!
rest well, and thanks for risking heaving to update us all.
blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

That sounds very painful! I am so glad that you had this done quickly. I am going to have to get refreshed on how and why you found this tumor in the first place. I am sending you quick healing thoughts and praying for much less pain. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Good morning my darling daughter. We are also very, VERY glad you had the surgery sooner rather than later. And, as usual, it's something you just have to get past. As usual. I have great hope that when you are finally past this, your life is going to be smooth sailing for a long time to come. You are SO due some smooth sailing. That is my prayer for you. I love you dearly.

lovey said...

I'm glad they did the surgery now, but ouch!!! I hope you feel much better soon. Laurie

Carrie said...

Glad you were able to update! Praying for you & hope you get to go home soon!

Luanne said...

I'm taking a deep breath too, a breath of relief to hear from you. In the back of my mind I knew you were in good hands but as the day wore on and no more updates on twitter, I got more and more concerned for you. So happy to read your post.

Your blog is so aptly titled, just take it one breath at a time.

Praying for good pain meds and quick healing tissue and bones and smooth sailing from here on out.

Thanks for blogging thru the pain to let us know how you are. Now close those eyes and rest.

Judy said...

So glad you got it out of you! Don't try and be brave--get all the pain meds you can. Rest Dear, just rest and sleep.

Praying for you...

Raye said...

Thinking of you and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Please try to rest and just let others take care of you. I love you and I am praying for a very quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

Okay, just one more thing...
I found this and wanted to share it with you. It is my hope and prayer for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6b5T7I6VE

Janet N said...

Thanks for taking the time to let all your fans know how you are getting on. Can't wait for your returning to your witty ways.

Unknown said...

I am continuing to pray as well! I hope today finds you better than yesterday! Thanks for updating and letting us know how to pray specifically for you! Do let others take care of you so you can heal! Great to see the pictures of your sweet friends that came to be with you! Love you girl and looking forward to more updates when you're able!
Love,
Julie

ShortyMom said...

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

saw the twitter update about the nausea and pain. surely they can give you something for the nausea?...they have drugs that they give to people on chemo...Praying that your pain abates swiftly.

The Burke family said...

O.K. I am still wondering how they caught this whole thing in the first place and singing praises that they did. I also know that this whole ordeal has been tremendously stressful. I pray that the stress has been somewhat relieved because this is somewhat "over". Don't get me wrong, I know you still have plenty more to deal with, but I still plan on helping you out with that "stress reliever margarita night" plan on inviting plenty to help you celebrate! because we have a lot of "left overs" to "dispose of".
I continue to pray for so many things for you! Hang in there tough girl!

Leece said...

Glad its over, are they going to test it to make super sure it was benign...thats a dumb question of course they are, sorry , not had my quota of coffee yet this morning. Love and prayers for you for a quick healing.

jessica said...

OMG. I feel as tho' my life has been an absolute cakewalk, compared to what you have gone thru in the past year plus. Damn, girl, I am glad so many of us are in your corner (at least, mentally and emotionally), praying for you and with you. Hang in there, is all I can say (yeah, I know: big comfort there, eh?). We all love you.

Dee said...

a(((hug))) and my prayers for a quick recovery. Dee

Marci said...

I will pray for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your healing, and comfort, and that you get to go home very very soon
praying praying praying
Ruth

M2K2USA said...

I sent you a message through the hospital's web page. Did you get it? I was going to call when I got home from church tonight but it was 10pm your time and I didn't want to wake you. I hope oyur recovery is going well and I love you very much!

Little Bro