Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When the winds of change blow hard enough.........

..... the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectitles.

That's all I'm saying.





Oh ... and Yes, it's still .................Ask Me Wednesday ...............




 ......  I just wanted to share the "big story" on today's NBC's Today Show:













What.   is.   our.   country.   coming.   to?



Again ... that's all I'm sayin' ..... for now.


12 comments:

kdawnmartin said...

OMG!!!! I totally agree! Theres also a picture of them at a football game. A FOOTBALL GAME! I'm sorry but if you wore that to a sports activity and your kids did too I think there would be some harrassment going on the next day at school. That's all I'm saying.

I'm glad that last night that pesky little wait dude left you alone. It's been my experience that the little wait dude will not go anywhere that God is. Ne knows he can't win when God is there. He is always pushed to the side and he really doesn't like that. I love you so so much J. Prayers and warm hugs and kisses to you!

Anonymous said...

I had asked this months ago but you asked me to hold off until 'Ask Me Wednesday'. It was regarding the birds and the bees. My question was how and when did you learn of the mysteries of procreation?

Anonymous said...

How do you deal with your child coming to you and sharing that her good friend killed himself? He tried to call her but it was her birthday and she didn't hear the call. She is so beating herself up as are her friends that he also called/texted. He doesn't live here because he joined the army a year ago and has been away. I told her they need to have a memorial service or some kind of closure with memories. She is still in shock because it just happened Saturday. I noticed that when someone mentions that he is very selfish for killing himself, she says you don't understand. Just needing to bounce some ideas because this is tough to deal with.

Love,
CG

kikibibi said...

Question: who is the angel in the "ask me Wednesday" picture? Is that long hair or a nun-type habit?

Question: do you/did you establish goals or rules around when your kids could get a drivers license? I.e., even though NKB can get his license within two weeks, we just got a not-so-great report card. Do we hold out "improve in school" as a carrot before allowing him to get the license? I always want to match up the crime with the punishment, and driving doesn't have anything to do with grades (to date).

purejoy said...

they did a HILARIOUS spoof on the snuggie on foxnews morning yesterday. i think i peed just a little!
i have joked that i was going to get my kids that for christmas. . . that AND the little bluetooth hearing aid thing that is like a hubcap stuck to the side of your face. so they could hear better at bingo games and secretly (with a huge thing hanging from their ear) eavesdrop at the next party they're invited to. and if they need to go out to dinner, they can use the amazing money clip thing advertised on the same snuggie/hearing aid channel. i want one just because it does this "bling/sparkle" thing as you remove it from your pocket/purse.
who needs pottery barn, j crew or target when you can do all of your shopping on TV??
(not that that is the question i want to ask you. .. )
i'm just sayin'…

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm the last to know...I've never seen that thing before. Maybe they're not in Canada yet. Whew.

Leece said...

You're in my prayers. X . Lisa

Anonymous said...

My Question: How have your children dealt with the death of their father? Do you think they have? I'm concerned about my two teenagers. They hardly ever show any emotion these days - almost a year now. I'm worried that down the road the grief might jump up and bite us. Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Hey J,
Wow! They're doing paid adverts on Today?

I've seen these before only they were worn backwards and they had a tie around the waist. I think they called them ROBES!

And is it really called cuddling when one person is apparently bathed in warmth and comfort while the sweet little cutie on her lap is braving the elements on her own?

Plus they look a little cultish in red - wonder what that guy IS watching on TV.

Yepper ... that's breaking news ...

AEW

LG said...

OK, so I'm so thankful that you think of us as prayer warriers and not stalkers!!! Although I have never met you in "real" life we do have a mutual friend (AP who just moved to Canada) and she has sung your praises to me since long before that horrible day in December. So long, in fact, that she showed up at my door that morning and we cried together...

I digress...my point is that although we have never met, I read your blog daily, I've admired since before I even knew you had a blog, and I think/pray for you often. Last night I had a dream about you! (Now, to be fair, I was in a Nyquil induced coma which always brings crazy dreams!!!) I was at your house visiting with your daughters #2 & 3 (I've never met them either!). We were sitting on the floor of their room and chatting (I have NO IDEA about what!) and then one of them called me by my maiden name (I find that odd!)...but the part that thrilled me the most was when I went into the living room and introduced myself to you and told you I was "LG" in my comments and you said that you remembered answering my question about my 3yo son once a while back!!! Anyways...my crazy Nyquil dreams are usually bad or scary but this one was sweet and quite peaceful!

I know it's Ask Me Wednesday, but I don't really have a question...I just wanted to share that! Although we moved away from Kingwood last summer, I do hope to have the opportunity to meet in person sometime!

kdawnmartin said...

You did so well answering my first movie question I will ask another.

"Are either of you homosexual"?

You all must know that we are a movie loving family and this is just what we do!

Love you J!

M2K2USA said...

You mean like flaming? No, we aren't homosexual but we are willing to learn.

Little Bro