Monday, March 16, 2009

An Announcement .......



........ and kind of an apology.

     I have asked everyone who knew Jim to write a note for the kids and I because I wanted to have them for his birthday, which was January 7th.

     I asked this in our "Christmas" letter that went out, which meant that it did not give people a lot of time to respond, nor did it give me a lot of time to get everything organized.  I'm sorry that I didn't get my plan accomplished.

     So here's what I've decided to do ...........

Jim's next birthday would have been (will still be, I suppose) his 50th.  Yes, the BIG Five-Oh.

     I am still having a very difficult time digesting the fact that I am now older than his is ..... next June I may be doing something very, very drastic when I hit that mark.

     Anyway, I would like to collect more of these "letters", if there are more of you out there who didn't get the chance to send one in.
   
     And I'm going to take all of them ..... put them together ..... and make a book.  A real book.  And I'm going to make at least 7 copies of the book ....... one for each of the kids and one for me  (if it turns out as well as I hope then I'll make more copies for others who'd like one).


      So please, if you weren't able to send one in, for whatever reason ..... timing, out of town, didn't know what to say ..... whatever ...... please consider sending one now.   

     And please don't let a loss for words stop you.  ANYTHING someone tells us about Jim is wonderful.  

     It can be a memory.  It can be a joke.  
     It can be a saying (Lord knows the man LOVED his "sayings" and "quotes").     
     It can be a thought.  It can be a feeling.  
     It could be what your first impression was of him.  
     It could be what your last impression was of him.  
     It could be what he meant to you over the years.  
     It could be some small thing he said to you.  
     It could be some long thing he said to you, but again ..... Lord knows the man didn't go for LONG talks ..... unless he was lecturing one of the kids (trust me ..... he could go WAY long!).

     Your note doesn't have to be long.  Just let it come from your heart.

     Please.

     And please pass this on to everyone you know who knew him.

     Again, sorry for not using the ones you've already sent as I had planned ...... but I have them all and have read them all and am keeping them safe.  And thank you, thank you, thank you for sending them.

    Thank you.

Janine and crew

     
     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I forget things all the time. I am happy you are going back and picking it up and finishing it! Mary