Sunday, March 22, 2009

When T.A.N.W.......

..... thank God for the gift of music ..... and the amazing people He blesses with this gift ...... who then bless us.
This song ...... speaks for me .... at this moment.

    I don't know if you're familiar with Nicol ..... but her husband's blog is listed over on my blog list ..... "Light Your World".
If you don't know their story .... you might want to go check it out.








Once you've listened to this song .... you'll get this:
I know that He's taking the pieces in His hand and that ...... one day ..... I'll be whole again.

One day.

One breath at a time.

Thank you for the prayers that you send up when I cannot.
Thank you for the encouragement.

There's been a bit more light in the past 24 hours ..... and that's something.
:)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good evening my darling daughter. What an absolutely beautiful song. I know how it touches you. I'm so happy that there's been a little more light in your life. I know that with His love you will have more light as the days come and go. I'm praying for peace and light for you. I love you dearly.

purejoy said...

i'm thankful for even a glimmer of light in your life.
may monday be better than today, may your pain be managed, and might you turn the corner on healing and feel a marked improvement this week. surely that will contribute to more sunshine.
blessings to you!

Mary Lou said...

Praise God for answered prayer. Still praying..lots of hugs to you thru cyper space...

Debbie G. said...

Just wanted to leave a note of encouragement and to let you know I am praying for you. I am grateful that you have had more light in the last 24 hours - and I am praying for relief - physically, emotionally and spiritually for you.

I just spent the weekend reading your entire blog from start up to today - yours is the first I read that really put into words EXACTLY what I have been feeling. All those things I have been afraid to say out loud to my friends. My husband (also Jim) died on January 7th, 2009 and you are so right - there are no words. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your transparency in your writing. Thank you for that glimmer of hope - of being whole again, one breath at a time. I am also hanging on to Psalm 34:18 right now (The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit). "Brokenhearted and crushed in spirit" - that probably best describes the overwhelming feelings of grief I have right now.

Thank you for being here and thank you for sharing your journey. You have helped me more than you will ever know.

Janine said...

Oh Debbie ......
I am so very, very sorry that you even have a reason to read this blog. My heart hurts for yours ..... for you missing your Jim (who died on my Jim's birthday).
But .... if there is even a glimmer in any of this .... in all of this crap ..... it is this: that you and I have connected through this .... and that we each know that we are not alone. You get it. I get it.
And though I would give up everything I have ..... every person I know, every possession I have .... to have Jim back ...... if God can turn some of this crap into a glimmer ..... I'm thankful. Because even a glimmer is something. And if there's a glimmer ... there can be more ..... and our Jims' absence from our lives will not be for nothing.
Thank you so very much for commenting and letting me know that you're out there.
And if my blog has helped you even a tiny bit ... I'm grateful that God has used it .... and that His word is true ..... He can ... and will .... bring good out of everything. Eventually.
You have helped me tonight ..... thank you.
You are now in my prayers.
Janine

Anonymous said...

Debbie & Janine,

I am a silent observer of a sacred moment as I read the conversation between the two of you.

God be with you both, separately and together.

JB

kdawnmartin said...

When I saw Debbie's husband's name was Jim and he died on Jan. 7th, I gasped and said "Jim's birthday" WOW! It is so amazing how small a world we live in and how many lives you have touched with your blog. You are such an inspiration to many, especially me. I love you so much Janine.

Anonymous said...

Janine, you are right...TANW. But what a beautiful song that reminds us of God's power and love. Even when we can't feel it. I love you and I am in awe of the power of your writing to move and help so many people. V.

Mary Lou said...

I am thankful that the song helped you. He spoke to you thru the song. Music always helps to lift my soul and my spirit. Praise music helps me to focus on Him and not myself. I am glad that you see some glimmer of light. He will give you more light as each day passes. I hope you had a good time with tennis this morning and didn't hurt yourself but actually feel better. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

That song is one of my favorites. I often wonder what pain that song might have been born out of. Praying for you.