Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ask Me Wednesday!!


Happy Wednesday evening, my Peeps.

OK .... just so you know .... I did try to Google the whole "coma" thing and could only come up with two articles.  One was about medically induced comas for burn victims but it was written in Italian.
The other was about medically induced comas for people with some blood disorder, but it was written in Russian.
So until I can find someone to translate these articles, and then see if I can bribe the doctors involved ...... or find any others who are willing to assist me in this quest ...... I will entertain you with pictures from my hell living room.

Welcome to my living room ...... or rather, what is left of it.
These shots are from yesterday ..... when the carpet was still in ...... well, sort of:




     Here is what it looks like tonight ......




     Lovely, ain't it?  
Really ..... it's better than the carpet.  
Well .... maybe not as better as I had anticipated ...... but still ..... I am glad to have the carpet out.
Now you can all place your bets as to how long it will be before the floor is installed ..... or the stairs are finished.
I'm guessing ...... way over a week (as opposed to what I've been told .... a couple of days).  
I may be crazy ...... but I'm not an idiot ..... nor am I new to this remodeling stuff any longer.
I am a hardened skeptic.  
We shall see what we shall see.

     So Son #3 had another track meet tonight.  He did well on the pole vault again ..... I think he may have come in 4th, but we're not sure yet.
He also ran the 200, and he came in second in the second heat.  Which means, in track lingo .... he didn't do a great job, but in my lingo ..... considering that he was running this as a sub and only because he was a warm body ..... he did a wonderful job!!!!!

     OK ..... the living room and the track meet ..... I think that's it.
I'm still very, very tired.  But I guess it's par for the course.
My hip still hurts very, very much ..... and ditto.

Oh ..... and yes, I played tennis today (and will tomorrow) so that may be tied in there somewhere, but I don't care.  It helps me emotionally more than it hurts me physically so I keep playing.

And now ..... for the moment you've all been waiting for ........ 
ummmmmmm ..... not really ........ it was a slow question week .......... so ......... 
now for the moment one or two of you have been waiting for ........
the questions!

From Ann:
If you want to you can save this for AMW - I know you have dreamed of theatre and acting. Would you have headed East or West? And is your dream job today the same as when you were younger?

I think, if I had not met Jim, I would have headed West.  If I had to do it over again today I may have decided to head East instead.
Who knows.
But yes, my dream job would still be to be an actress.  Or a L & D nurse or mid-wife.





kk asks:
Do you cook dinner for you and #3 every night? Or at least get something on the table for him if you're at meetings or whatever? If yes, what does he eat? My boy will snack all afternoon on popcorn, chips, junk, etc., and if I make dinner he'll totally eat it. If it's a "yo-yo" night (You're On Your Own), he'll just pop another bag of microwave popcorn. Need dinner thoughts!

OK, KK ...... after I picked myself up off of the floor and wiped away the tears from laughing so hard ........ ummmmmmmm, no, I do not cook every night.
Poor Son #3 will have an encyclopedia to write when he grows up.
I try to cook for him a couple of times a week.  
Yes.  I.  Am.  A.  Horrible.  Mother.
I am not in denial of that fact.
I usually try to make sure that there is something in the fridge/pantry/freezer that he can fix easily for the nights I have a meeting or am out, but he mostly chooses to eat a bowl of cereal or a bowl of Ramen noodles.
He loves my spaghetti sauce and he loves something I call a taco ring (taco-seasoned ground beef in a ring of crescent roll dough, with cheese, baked for about 20 minutes.
He also loves tacos.
He'd be pleased if I made those two dishes several times a week.
He has boring tastes and he drives me crazy when it comes to trying to cook something.
I always called "yo-yo" nights "whatever" nights.  When the kids knew I would be out for the evening they'd ask, "Can we have "whatever" for dinner?"  They loved "whatever" nights.  I imagine Son #3 is now quite over the thrill.
He loves shrimp, grilled chicken ...... and a few other things.
I used to be much, much better at this.
About ...... oh, a little over 15 months ago ............
Oh well.

Dawn asks:
Ok, my question for AMW is...
What movie is this from:

"They would think that you know nuttin, you are missin here a button...????

I know you'll get it I just gotta get something harder for ya.

OK, I know this is sung with a Yiddish accent, right?  Barbara?
I know that I know this ..... but at 10:30 p.m. I cannot bring it to the front of my brain so ....... you win.
What's it from?


Well, I think that's it ...... I know that someone asked me another question today ..... and I said I'd put it on the blog ..... but I also can't remember what that was.
Sigh.
My brain is fried.


And in spite of the fact that you, my Peeps, did not ask nearly enough questions ...... I am still going to reward you with what I think is a great video.
I hope you enjoy it ........


10 comments:

Tri-Vet said...

That was awesome and it gave me goose bumps. How do you find these things? I wouldn't even know what to google!

Oh, and tell C that L2 is impressed with his pole vaulting. He stayed after school yesterday to watch.

Love,
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Hey, Janine--

Is that phrase from The Wizard of Oz--"If I Only had a Heart"? Whichever character was looking for a heart--Tin Man?

Or I could just be way off base.......(That's probably true anyway!!)

Still praying..

A

kdawnmartin said...

That was a great video! Thanks for sharing.
The line is from the song "The Swan" from Funny Girl. To ALL her Peeps out there, her brain is fried...She got the singer and the the tone in which it was said...what is the world coming to??? Oh baby...she's soooooo tired!!! i love you chick. Have fun playing tennis today!

Janine said...

Ahhhh .... I knew it was Funny Girl, I just coudn't picture which song!!
Oh well .... maybe next week.
:)

Melanie .... A friend sent me that video ... I can't claim it!

Mary Lou said...

Thanks for the video. Brought tears to my eyes. May you have a blessed Ressurection Day. He is risen. He is risen indeed! Blessings...praying...hugs...Mary Lou

Unknown said...

I have a question for Wed even though it's past Wed.... you can save it til next week if you'll remember! :) Did you and Jim ever argue? Did you have to learn the tools of how to acknowledge one another's feelings/perspective or not saying "You" statements or all the kinds of things one learns in marriage therapy... and were either of you good/bad at it?

kikibibi said...

Hey taco woman... your answer reminded me of a meal that my kids love, but I've forgotten about. I'm sharing the super-secret recipe handed down generation upon generation with you all here now, just because that's the kind of gal I am. Ready?
Upside Down Tacos
taco meat (like 1.5 lbs)
2 cups shredded cheddar
jar of taco sauce (8 oz?)
8 oz sour cream
1 pkg refrigerated crescent roll dough
Put meat in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top of meat. Pour taco sauce evenly over meat/cheese. Spread sour cream NOT THE FAT FREE KIND IT GETS TOO WATERY over all that in one full layer, spreading all the way to the edges (completely covering the meat, like you would spread frosting). Unwrap the dough, but don't tear apart at the perforations. Place the dough (easier to work with in 2 pieces) over top of the sour cream, as a crust. My sister (gets excessive and) brushes melted butter on top. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes, til crust is browned. Let it sit for a few minutes out of the oven. Serve w lettuce & chips on the side.

Shhh, don't tell anyone about this though. It's our little secret. My daughter is planning on entering it in the Pillsbury Bake-Off!

Judy said...

I LOVED the video. Goose bump city for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Dear Janine,
How I wish three of our bedrooms could look hellish like your living room! I shudder to think what those carpets would say if they could talk. But I guess the plan is to let Baby B add her own sad chapters to their stories before putting them out to pasture.

I've been thinking...there are MAJOR problems with the whole coma thing. What about hypnosis? Like in Office Space. You'd be gellin' like a felon.

Love you,
Ann

Split-Second Single Father said...

Just wanted to let you know I have added you to my blogroll of young widow/ers. You can thank your mom! She sent me an e-mail when she didn't see your site listed on mine. Thanks for sharing.