Anyhow ..... back to my title.
I've spent the better part of 3 hours in my home, breathing in paint fumes. I'm not sure how many brain cells can be killed by breathing in paint fumes for 3 hours, but I'm certain I don't have all that many left anyway.
I don't think the fumes are having any positive effect on me ..... like making me feel as high as a kite (yes, some of you may think that's a negative thing ...... I happen to think, that at this point in my life, feeling as high as a kite would be a very desirable thing). I've been quite good at restraining myself from standing behind the painter and breathing deeply from the bucket. Actually, if I thought that would really happen .... I wouldn't be restraining myself at all, so I guess I can't give myself kudos for that. Oh well.
In other news ...... M and I won our USTA tennis match today!
I KNOW!!!!
Yay for us!!
It was such a beautiful morning and I just felt so blessed to be able to be outside, and especially blessed to be on a tennis court.
I did a great job of not limping at all during the entire match (for those who don't play .... you never, ever let your opponent see a weakness ..... or they will eat you alive by using it!).
And I actually played pretty dang well, if I do say so myself.
And I do.
We worked relatively hard at winning, but not too hard. M was quick to tell me to not go for the really short shots, knowing that I'd most likely do harm to myself if I did. Before the surgery I could get to almost anything on a court. I'm quick (must be the shortness). Post-surgery, not so much. But I'm getting better. Slowly, but surely.
Anyway, I was glad she reminded me of that .... because I probably would have pushed myself too far.
We didn't give them very many chances to give us short balls, so that was a bonus.
It was a great day for tennis ..... and it was a great tennis day.
Tonight I am going out with friends to celebrate a birthday. I'm glad to be going out with friends, but I'm also glad to just be going out ..... because if I had to stay home tonight I'd be stuck here listening to my hip scream at me (even though I did NOT push too hard) and smelling useless paint fumes. The hip doesn't seem to care what I do .... it yells all of the time, but it screams especially loud in the evenings after I've played tennis.
So tonight it can scream all it wants ..... I will be distracted. So there.
Well, that's about all of the excitement that I think you can stand. And since I'm supposed to be leaving for dinner in about 45 minutes ...... and am still in my tennis clothes ...... I'd best leave you with just that amount of excitement.
But .... in my ongoing efforts to make my Peeps smile ...... here is a video of Gabby and Sassy enjoying each other (even though it doesn't always look like it!). They are totally in love with each other.
Totally.
So enjoy and have a wonderful evening/weekend.
9 comments:
Again, Congrats on the win. I hope your dinner out is wonderful. Gabby and Sassy are just to funny. I can't wait to meet them (if that ever happens) Love you tons sis!
Just checking in to say that I love you!!! Get away from those fumes:)Good job on your tennis match!
Lis
Good evening my darling daughter. Yaaayyyy for you and M! It's so nice to hear you had a good day. I pray they become more frequent.
Are thoses the cutest puppies or what?!?
We love you tremendously.
Yay for a good day! Hope they occur more and more often.
And I love your comment about what Jim might have been thinking--it brought a smile. One of my first impressions of Jim (and you, for that matter) was to be intimidated...he seemed sooooo smart. (you just seemed like such a together mother...)(I didn't mean "just") then one evening we had dinner at your house (interviewing a pastor candidate) and i got a whole different impression...i remember leaving and commenting to m "he is so funny"...
anyway, i'm glad that you had a good day! here's to another one!
Ok. I just got the "go ahead" from Michael thanks to this video!!
Hurry, before his mind returns!!!
Is there still a mastiff puppy left???
K
;)
Sorry, K1 ---- there are none.
Which is probably a good thing, trust me.
They do have fun when they are together but it gets very overwhelming quickly. They usually run all through the house, knocking over what, or who, is in their way.
Have the two of them together has made me definitely glad that I did not get another one.
Ok, I was fooled. I thought he was thinking deep thouughts every time he had that look.
Al
Too late. His mind returned this afternoon. We were simply driving home from MaKennas dance practice and BAM! out of no where he says, "we can't get 3 dogs!!"
LOL!!!
ugh!!
It's a thin line there J. I'll have to be fast when it happens. I mean, the pup will have to be RIGHT there at the very moment!! LOL!!!
;)
Sarge and Bella sometimes take off through the house too! Do you remember all the "landmark" photos on our wall going upstairs??? yeah, well they're dwindling!!! LOL. I think we have lost 4 so far.
I love how Gabby had Sassy's whole head in her mouth. And the tenderness she showed at the same time. What a compassionate soul. You are a great mom to talk your mom into a playmate for your dog!! Great video.
Congrats on the tennis game.
Michele
Post a Comment