
...... of ..... just stuff.
I am starting to realize that "at least 6 months" of my hip screaming at me ..... may just very well drive me insane.
We shall see.
Still waiting to set the date for the MRI, but will definitely let you, my Peeps, know when it's scheduled, so that you may all be praying for a miraculous healing.
Or ...... for me to not go off on anyone.
Tomorrow the carpet and staircase are being ripped out/apart.
I. Can. Not. Wait.
Sort of.
I really can't wait for this disgusting carpet to be pulled out of here ..... I've almost done it myself on several occasions. Only the deafening roar of my hip's opinion of that activity has kept me from accomplishing it.
Yes, I would rather have a cement floor than what's in there now.
It's that bad.
Ugh.
If you would like to have something else to pray about (because I know I haven't given you all just quite enough in the past 15 months) ..... I do have a request.
Son #3 is getting confirmed on Sunday, April 26th.
The last of our 6.
The only one ........ well, you know.
I cannot even think about this day for more than a few minutes or I start losing it.
Jim was supposed to be here.
He was Son #3's Confirmation leader (small group leader).
He helped out with the boys' confirmation groups ..... I helped out with our girls'.
(Yes, that does mean I got off easier ..... since we had twins.
But then, as it turns out ............ never mind.)
He was supposed to be here. Not just for Son #3, but for that group.
And for us.
And for me.
Anyway ........ this will be a very special day ....... and a very painful one.
I'm hoping, and praying, that I just don't lose all control during the service itself. Up there .... in front of everyone.
While I would get a touch of joy in embarrassing the crap out of Son #3, this is not the venue that I would choose.
So ..... all humor aside ..... please pray that this day ..... and the days leading to it ..... will be easier than I anticipate.
I want to be able to celebrate with Son #3, and not grieve too heavily for the hole in that day .... the hole in our life.
I am blessed to have friends who are taking charge of the day .... and planning the celebration. With lots and lots of people ..... I hope. I will need the distraction.
I think that's all for tonight ...... other than asking for continued prayers for Stellan. He's still in the hospital, still having problems, though it looks like they may be moving him to get different treatment.
And I'm still leaving you with the question from yesterday ..... it's too interesting, and entertaining, to let go of ....... so please keep posting your answers .......
.... what would your "dream job" be (other than what you are doing now)? If you could be/do anything ...... no limits ...... what would it be?
Thanks for being here.
I have the best Peeps on the planet.
:)
5 comments:
Saw this and thought immediately of you and also, McMama. Hope it ministers to you!
Love Ya!
M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83-vMeWc9E
I totally know what you mean about the confirmation. My daughter graduates from high school on the 2 year anniversary of my husbands death. Neither of us is looking forward to it. It just stinks...Enough said....
Linda from Knoxville
J - I wish I had some wisdom or advice to help you, but I do not. Know that I am thinking of you.
You forgot to remind us that tomorrow's Ask Me Wednesday, can I go ahead and ask now?
Do you cook dinner for you and #3 every night? Or at least get something on the table for him if you're at meetings or whatever? If yes, what does he eat? My boy will snack all afternoon on popcorn, chips, junk, etc., and if I make dinner he'll totally eat it. If it's a "yo-yo" night (You're On Your Own), he'll just pop another bag of microwave popcorn. Need dinner thoughts!
kk
I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice! I didn't think about half of those things! I love you!
Vanessa
Janine,
You know what I do, I am not planning on leaving it (the job)...but if I could... today...I'd like to be a missionary pilot in some remote place like Alaska or Africa. Fly ... bring the Good News (and needed stuff) to people in need.
Al
Post a Comment