Last night, upon arriving home from the Good Friday service (ummmmmmmm, AT CHURCH!) ...... we found that our garage door was wide open.
Son #1 went out to check and did not return, so after about 15 minutes I went out into the garage to see what was going on.
I found him standing on a ladder, working on the garage door tracks.
It seems that the door had somehow become askew, and thus the tracks had twisted .... and thus it was barely hanging on ....... above my nearly-new car (Daughter #2 drove us to church in her car last night).
Our friend JD came down and tried to help Son #1 with the door.
It could not be fixed. They did manage to get my car out ...... before they somehow got the door jammed half-way in.
So this is what I woke up to this morning:



Fortunately JD knew the name of a good, and honest, garage door-fixing man, who came out this morning and installed a new door and new tracks.
Because I just didn't have quite enough going on around here, I guess.
Meanwhile, the accountant called this week and asked for several items from me, so I was buried in the study this morning ...... which looked like this while I was going through a multitude of files:
Is there anyone out there who no longer "gets" the whole "I want to be in a coma" thing?!!
I spent a few hours on the tax stuff ..... got what I think I was supposed to get ..... and sent it off. We shall see if I am correct .... I have no doubt that I am not.
And I have no doubt that Jim is up there, shaking his head at my file-keeping capabilities. And if he is ..... I'd love to have a chance to kick his butt for leaving me with all of this.
After getting the study put back in order, the files filed away, and the garage door man paid ... Daughter #3 and I went to see a movie with my friend J. We saw "Sunshine Cleaners" or something like that.
I highly recommend that you skip it.
Seriously.
If I didn't think I needed a coma before that movie ..... I certainly felt it afterwards.
It was what one might call .... a wee bit depressing.
That's what "one" might call it ....... Daughter #3 and I called it downright depressing.
After that pick-me-up, the kids and I went to an engagement party. This is a girl who is the same age as Daughters 2 & 3, and her mom is one of the very first people I met when we moved here .... in 1991.
It's so hard to believe that our children are getting married ..... several from this age group are engaged now (NOT mine!). It's fun to see this happening ..... and yet it is very, very painful.
And that's all I'm going to say about that tonight ...... because I've basically made it through two days without really crying (I'm not counting the Good Friday service ....) ..... even through Son #3's Confirmation interview this morning.
I don't know if I'll be posting tomorrow. If I don't ..... then I wish you all a very blessed Easter ...... THE day that sets Christians apart ...... because our Lord is alive and well.
He is risen ...... and THAT, my Peeps, gives us the hope that we have ..... and sometimes cling to.
And I am leaving you with a beautiful picture that my sister-in-law, Ann, took. It's so beautiful that I now have it as my background on my computer!
Enjoy!

9 comments:
Sorry about the garage! what an unbelievable happenstance?!? ugh! The coma thing................I get it!
I love you! I will see you tomorrow. Love, K
I totally get the coma thing. I am so sorry for everything that is happening. On the best note of the day...He is risen. He is risen indeed. Friday has passed and Sunday has come. We serve a risen Saviour and He's holding you by his right hand. Love and hugs..Mary Lou
Glad the garage door is now fixed and the car is in one piece. Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!!
Hey sis, I too get the coma thing, if only huh. I love you and hope you have a nice and quiet Easter with the kids, Mom and Dave. Wish I could be there. Hugs!!
Happy Easter.X
Wow that garage door could have done some serious damage to your new car or to Son#1! So thankful none of that happened. Does your sister-in-law's photo have a story behind it? Or should I save that for AMW.
Love the new stairs!
Loved hearing and seeing you retelling the Easter message this morning. So did Glenn!
Love you!
Can I be in the coma with you? We could take some margaritas and drink while everything thinks we're catatonic!!!
I think I'm coming down with whatever the kids have all had last week. My throat hurts and I'm getting achey...yuck.I have NO TIME for this crap!
Anyway...I just wanted you to know how much I love you. Did you know that dad is diabetic?? Insulin shots and all.It's hereditary...so keep it in mind when you see your doctor. You'll probably be just fine and I'LL get this one! :)
I hope you had fun today for Easter. Alex had NEVER had an Easter basket or hunted eggs before, so it was really fun!
I love you Sis...very, very much!
Lis
You did well in the interview. I have to admit that I wanted to vomit afterwards because of the acid that I had a feeling was churning in your stomach. Son #3 did very well. I hope I wasn't too tough on the whole "you're a leader" thing. I don't think he realizes how loved and respected he is by his peers. He is a natural born leader, whether he wants it or not. I see it as a great quality he gets from you and from Jim. For many years, and even sometimes today, when people would tell me how much I reminded them of my mom I wanted to punch them. I hope I didn't bring up that sort of reaction in Som #3...it really wasn't my intention. He's a great kid. But then, I know you know that. Love you.
Jeanine,
I do "get it", the coma thing. I wish for it every day, and yet, here I am hating this journey that I (we) are on. I do hope that one day my faith returns as your's has. It isn't that we stopped believing in God, but mine is believing what God will do. I am broken. Prayer doesn't seem to be helping nor anything else, except the emails that I have received from you and other widows. I do know you "get it". So THANK YOU. Hugs to you, Jax (Lorry)
Post a Comment