He often accuses me of exaggerating -- especially when it comes to him. So sue me. It looked like 40 to me ....... it was hard to tell who was vaulting and who was just standing around in a uniform and who was doing the long jump next to them.
I stand corrected.
But I am still proud.
And I NEVER exaggerate.
Never.
Ever.
And Son #3 is the best child on this planet ...... by far.
This is Daughter #2, on her Confirmation Day .... May, 2001:


I am trying to rack my brain to give you some interesting tidbits about the day, my Peeps, but I'm coming up empty. At least, I'm coming up empty on anything humorous.
It wasn't a bad day ..... I went to work (and I was NOT rudely awakened at 8:00, so yay for that!). I had a lunch meeting with 3 strangers .... all church workers from 3 other churches in our community who are involved in one of the same ministries I am. I had a staff lunch scheduled after that meeting, so I did not eat at the first one. We each were sharing how this certain ministry ran at our churches. I think I puzzled them more than I helped them.
It's a gift.
Then I went and had my real lunch with my friends and co-workers, whom I love.
Then I came home because Mom and D were here to go to Son #3's District track meet (yes, he made the District team). D fixed my back screen door that had been totally blown out by my horse/dog. We shall see how long it takes for her to do it again.
We went to the track meet .... along with some wonderful friends who came to cheer him on, too.
He was less than pleased with his performance (he didn't do as well as last week) but hey .... it was the District meet so there were over 40 pole vaulters.
He came in 6th.
Not. Too. Shabby.
But I'm just the mom and don't know anything about pole vaulting ..... or so I was told.
After I smacked him I told him I have been learning quite a bit and was still proud.
Little brat.
Loved this one, too ..... although I wish I could have centered him in it better:
And now I am home ..... another evening.
Another quiet evening.
On the prayer front .... Stellan came through the surgery today, though it was not as successful as they had hoped. The doctor said it was 65% successful, so there's that. Hopefully this will help his heart to beat normally now ...... and at least give them time to let him grow before anything else will have to be done.
On another prayer front, my brother-in-law, J2 (in San Diego) had a bike wreck yesterday. He was found unconscious (bicycle, not motorcycle) in their development. He was taken to the hospital, not knowing where he lived or what had happened or what day it was. He has 7 broken ribs, a broken collarbone, a punctured lung and a concussion. He is in an extreme amount of pain. They are concerned about his lungs collapsing because he can't breathe deeply. And since he can't breathe deeply they don't want to give him much for the pain because that would inhibit that ability.
So they're not sure how long he'll be there. But their summer vacation for next month has to be cancelled (he can't fly for at least 3 to 6 weeks), as does their trip this weekend to a wedding where he was supposed to be the best man.
Please pray for the pain to ease, for his breathing to improve and for peace for my sister-in-law, L.
It's very hard to be this far from family when something like this is going on.
I think that it is now time for me to have a glass of wine .... and go to bed.
It's been one hell of a few months (or 16 months and 3 days, to be exact).
This is a picture of J3, L, J2, me ..... and my heart.

9 comments:
I am encouraged (once again) by your honesty, humor and love. Nice picture of the family. It was so good to see how you referred to Jim as your "heart."
JB
AMW
Do you have any humorous stories of traveling with 6 (six) children? If so, would you share one with your "peeps?"
I just had a good hard cry on my way home from the hospital. Thanks for thinking of us.
L
Oh Janine, I can't believe J is in the hospital. Was it a hit an run, must have been to have that much damage to his body. I feel sick to my stomach. Prayers going out as I type. Please keep me posted. Love you tons!
Here's my two cents on the pole vaulting...for all it's worth. When I was in high school and part of college I dated a guy who played football and ran track. He was also a pole vaulter. For four track seasons, I watched him vault. Every day. For months on end. He didn't just vault for the school, he also vaulted for a summer team. He went to state and national competitions, pole in tow. Tell C (and I will also tell him myself when I see him) that I think he looks great. Now, my expertise is limited to being the ex-girlfriend of a pole vaulter fifteen years ago, but I think that's worth something. If he loves it and keeps at it, he will be jumping 16' in no time.
What a freeing feeling that must be to run as fast as you can and then soar above the crowd?!?! I think he rocks!
Here is an Ask-Me Wednesday question - though you may have already answered it before (my brain is mush, I did read the archives but can't remember). You mentioned one of your ministries for work is Grief Share. What is the format for that? Is it like a bible study format (video and discussion) or sharing with a workbook or just "open-mike night". I am thinking I might need a grief group (my Jim has been gone a little over 3 months now) - after I scared all the women at my bible study with the intensity of my emotions the other night. :-) I am eligible to go to the Hospice grief groups, but I have some anger towards them right now and I am not sure that would work for me. There is another church in the area that is starting a Grief Share group on May 6th - just trying to get some insight on how it would work before I just show up. Any insight would be appreciated.
AMW
I've followed for a long while and find u absolutely inspirational. We have something in common in that our husbands share the same profession. If my memory serves me correctly from one of your previous entries your husband was very successful in his career, which I am sure required a major amount of his time. I at times struggle with the time commitment this profession requires. As a mother of 4 young children I understand it but at times my kids really struggle with it. Any tips?
S
Yay about Stellan and boo about J2 in S.D. He is in our prayers. Please keep us updated. Miss you tons...you too mom...and you D!!
Little Bro
So sorry to hear about J2's accident. Praying for him and L.
Love,
Nat
Post a Comment