Well, let's see ...... it's late again ..... and I'm wondering what to post.First, my brother-in-law, J2, is still in the hospital and still in a lot of pain. I think they are at least giving him pain meds now, so he's really out of it a lot of the time, but he's still not wanting to breathe .... or get up. It's been very hard on L.
So please keep praying.
As for Stellan ..... things did not go so well today. His heart has started doing things it shouldn't be doing again and Jennifer has had a very hard day. She's so homesick for her husband and kids .... and home .......... and very tired of all of this.
She needs comfort and peace and strength.
As for things down this way .......
Took Son #3 to the ortho today so he could get his next three sets of "braces" and also get a good "talking to" from the doctor for not wearing them correctly (who even told him that he'd send someone over here to beat him up if I have to call and rat him out again).
I enjoyed it immensely.
Went to lunch with some tennis friends and then went home to tackle my mile-long "to-do" list. Most of these "to-dos" had to be done over the internet .... which kept going out on me.
I already didn't have the motivation to get anything done, so really didn't need the hassle of a dysfunctional modem.
So I dusted and vacuumed. Two very long and very useless activities.
When the internet would come back on I'd start tackling the list again. I got about 10 things done by the end of the afternoon before it went out again.
I may have to do bodily harm to someone.
I went out with "the girls" to celebrate a big birthday ...... everyone evidently needed to get out, as much stressed was released at the table.
We laughed a lot ..... and cried some.
Overall .... a good night out.
And then I came home (at 10:00) to find my internet not working again. I managed to not smash the modem against the cracked concrete floor of my living room. Yes, it's still concrete, although it does have most of the tile trim on it ..... kind of.
I'm really not sure we're all going to survive all of the remodeling that needs to be done around here.
Not. Sure. At. All.
The modem just went back on line so I'm hurrying to type this so that I can try to keep some of you entertained ...... or just content with your own life.
Son #1 comes home tomorrow for the big weekend. Daughters #2 & #3 come home either tomorrow or Saturday.
OK, so it's not "Ask Me Wednesday" and I'm not the one who asks the questions on that day anyway, but I have one to ask tonight ..... which I am now dubbing ....... "Teach Me Thursday" ....
...... is there anyone ...... anyone at all ....... out there who knows why my horse/dog seems to shed more hair than she has on her body? Seriously, I don't know how she has any hair on her anymore! She should be totally bald by now. I cannot begin to tell you how much hair she leaves all over the family room. My vacuuming was indeed ..... done in vain.
Should I be using some stupidly expensive horse/dog shampoo, or just shave her?
If I can manage to be gutsy enough ..... the next time I sweep up the hair ..... I'll post a picture of it (though it will embarrass the crud out of me) ....... we could have made several smallish pets, like bunnies, out of all of the hair we've gathered.
Stop laughing cuz I AM SERIOUS!!!!
Between Gabby and the remodeling ...... it's a wonder that I'm not a stark-raving-mad-lunatic by now!!
No smart-aleck comments from the Peeps.
9 comments:
Ok, my brain is only half working. What is the big weekend?????
Love, L
Hiya!
Just wanted to tell you that I love you SOOOOOOO much!!!
Lis
My Golden Retriever sheds, as well. My groomer offers a "Shed Stop" bath, and I think PetSmart also offers these. You have to have this done frequently, but it does cut down on the shedding a great deal. I think they use a really, really strong blow dryer that helps pull out the hair that is barely hanging on maybe(??). I've also seen supplements at PetSmart, as well, that claims to help with shedding, but I've not tried those, and have my doubts about whether they really work (ask your vet friend, I bet she'd know!). He's a cute horse/dog!!
Shave the dog! Takes care of that one! Shes a growing puppy so I'm sure she produces just as much hair as she drops all over your family room and what ever room she might be in. But I'm no expert so I'm sure Tri-vet may have better insight than me. I'm an expert at being your sister and loving you more than I can ever tell or show you! Try and have a good weekend. Wish I could be there for you this weekend but alas I cannot! Just know I will be praying for you and think of you.
Fish oil and omega 3 fatty acids supplements. There is one that I get that you squirt right on the food and the dogs like the taste. Bailey tends to get hot spots and patchy red skin sometimes and this has helped that for sure. It does NOT stop shedding, but it helps improve the coat and skin which cuts down on shedding. This time of year shedding is at a peak (getting rid of winter coat, getting ready for summer) so I think the shed stop baths that Theresa mentioned would be a good idea too. I'm going to look into that one for my two hairy creatures!!
Love you, K
Praying for John!!!!! and L &S
Dear Janine,
I've no answer for your dilemma. But I do have a good rule of thumb on when you REALLY need to vacuum.
You REALLY need to vacuum when a crawling, teething baby can't touch his chin to the floor without coming up with a goatee.
It wasn't my baby and the goatee was graciously provided by a golden retriever. It was TOTALLY ewwww! The kid is a senior in high school and I can still picture his little face!
Love you,
Ann
I have a "fur" dog (next dog I get will be a "hair" dog) and she is black and shed something awful--especially right after her bath. I Swiffer the kitchen everyday or we have black fur sticking to our socks (don't wear shoes in the house). I don't know what to do--except brush her EVERY stinking day--that helps only a little. She reminds me of the Peanuts cartoon character pig Pen, but instead of a dirty cloud around her all the time, it is floating black fur! I think if she went out more often she would scrape some of that fur off on the grass/bushes or the wind would just take care of it, but she just likes to nap a lot and stay inside.
LOL, I feel your pain and even posted on it last year:
http://okwildlady.blogspot.com/2008/06/hair-of-dog.html
I know that post doesn't answer your question. My answer is: I have no idea! But please let me know when you find out! :)
Hey, tri-vet here. Trying to catch up on my blog reading, so just got to this post. Sorry, I have no wise advice on this. Dermatology is the MAJOR reason I went into surgery...I hate it! Anyway, Kim is right, it is high shed season now with all the warm weather we are having. Huck is not shedding that badly, though, since I am such a pig-pen myself, maybe he is and I just don't notice cause my house always has dog hair everywhere. Also, he gets in the pool several times a day, so he may be bathing it out himself. You should bathe her (with help this time) and brush her daily till all the undercoat is gone (which it never really is all gone, but you know, till it is a more normal amount.) The fact that she is not going bald means it is just normal shedding. Don't shave her, her coat is already short, all you will do is make her get a sunburn. Good luck!
Love,
Melanie
Post a Comment