Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm a Bit Stunned .....

..... that something was done on the day it was said to be done ..... and it was finished on the same day.
I'm actually a bit speechless.
And very, very pleased.  

            Here are my new stairs, with the railings (the wood still needs to be stained):





                             Here's my living room with the furniture mostly in place:


                Here is my study, which I worked in all afternoon to get stuff put in place (this is with flash so the color didn't come out as true as it is):


                 This is without a flash, and is much closer to what it actually is .... a "melon" color:

     I still have to put pictures back on the walls, but I love this room.  The doors and transom window have yet to be added, but that's about it.  I need to find a slip cover for the sofa, which totally doesn't blend with the room now, but I'm OK with that ..... for now.
It was great to get things put in place (the guys put the furniture in ..... I re-arranged some of it a few times).  It looks much bigger than it did before and it feels like me.

     I played my first USTA match of the summer today and won ..... 6-1, 6-2.  My good friend J was my partner .... for the first time in a "real" match.  It was great to be out and playing, even though it was at least 90 degrees with 90% humidity.  
I was still feeling blue this morning, but once I got on the court I felt much better.  I just need to make sure I get out there as often as I can.  I need the sun and I need tennis.  Jim knew that even better than I did.
Man, I miss that man!!

     So now I am having a glass of wine and not believing that I agreed to let Son #3 have 3 friends over for the night.  I think I lost my mind around 8:00 p.m. when he asked.
So far I have managed to just sip on one glass of wine ..... making it last for over 2 hours.  That's because I know there's not enough wine in the world to get me through a night of 4 teenage boys!!!  Wait .... I think it may be only 3 because one couldn't stay for the night.  
See .... that sounds better already!

     I have also spent the last hour arguing with Son #2 via text messaging.  That boy is tenacious.  The argument is about him wanting a TV in his room, which has always been against the rules. I put one in there in the fall, while re-arranging furniture, knowing that it would only be temporary.  Son #3 has spent much time up there playing video games and I've hated it.  
So I took it out today and put it in the study.  Son #3 knew it was coming.
Son #2 should have .... but he loves to live in the world of "Denial".  And loves to argue.  The boy would argue with a wall if he could.  He comes by it honestly.
We've also argued about him having a summer job and not being a picky 16 year old .... because 16 year old boys cannot be picky about jobs.  Why can't they understand that???  

     So between the game-playing teenagers in the game room, and the arguing teenager on my cell phone ..... I think it may be time for a second glass of wine.

    Oh yeah ..... and add to that mix the letter I got from the IRS today.  They informed me that my spouse had died. 
Really?
Yes, really.
Thank God that someone in our government is paying attention or I may have NEVER realized that Jim died way before the IRS told me!!!  
Since he died they now want me to fill out some new form that tells them that I am aware that he's dead.

     I think I'll move to Australia.

     I hear they have good wine there.

:)



     

9 comments:

Mom said...

Good evening my darling daughter.
The good old IRS. . .there's just no end to the ignorance that abounds there. Gotta love 'em. Or not.

I'm glad today was a better day for you. Yaayyy for your tennis match. Good job!

The rooms look fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person.

Thanks again for the gorgeous flowers. Did you get the pictures?

We love you more than you will ever know.

Janine said...

Hi Mom ...... why are you STILL up???!!!
And yes, I got the pictures. I'm glad the flowers were so pretty!!! Hopefully Grandma got hers, too.
Poor little/huge Sassy!!! I can't believe how swollen her toe was! I'm glad she's better now.
Glad you like the rooms .... I'm very happy with how they're turning out, but will be glad when everything is done ..... some day ..... in a far away land .....
Love you!

Ami said...

w-o-w. I look forward to the letter you write back...whether it's actually sent or not! ;)

Mary Lou said...

What a nice present to get the railing up and the furniture put back and your rooms in better order. Loved the melon color. Glad yesterday was a good day for you. Praying that you have a great week end and a great Mother's Day. May your children rise up and call you blessed. May the Sonshine of His love fill your week end.

Wunderwoman said...

The house is looking great! Have a good weekend.

kdawnmartin said...

Hey sis! The rooms are gorgeous! I love the color you picked. I can't wait to see them either, and the stair rails...some day...one day...in a far away land I will! Congrats on the win today...you da bomb sis! And the IRS stands for ignorant retarted sh#@s nuff said? I think so! Love ya chick! Hope you have a good weekend! Happy Mothers Day!

Carrie said...

I love the melon color- and the stairs are beautiful. I think I understand what you meant in your last post about feeling like you're turning your back on Jim's memory, but you're not, you're moving forward, and that's what he would want - I'm glad you're able to realize that. :)

Malinn Saxe said...

The pictures look awesome and I love your study! Love your talking about son that loves to argue - that was my son #2 - he'd argue that the sky was black if I said it was blue! He came into the world that way! By the way - he's almost 25 - and turned into an awesome young man! There were MANY years where he kept me on my knees!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, come on over to Oz! :D

Coincidentally, there's a bottle of wine open on the bench right now! It's not mine but I'd happily pour you a glass. ;)