Saturday, May 16, 2009

It. Is. Done.

Daughter #2 walked the walk.
She has graduated.

It was mostly good.
Mostly.
I think I had about ten minutes of tears ..... of missing him and wishing that he were he with us. 
Another "first".
I hate these freakin' firsts, but they are growing times, too.
They let me know that I'm stronger than I thought I was.

So .... two graduates down ..... four to go.
Yeah ..... still not even half way there, but let's not focus on that.  :)

I'm so proud of Daughter #2 ..... as is Jim.
I could feel him there with us.
I hope she could, too.  

We fought what appeared to be a monsoon today.  
No kidding .... we got soaked after the graduation.  Literally.  
A huge storm came in early this morning and just settled in.  
So running to the car, and through several very deep puddles, made it very eventful!

I will post pictures when I get back from Russia ..... it's late now and I am exhausted and not feeling up to par.
I'm sure I'm just tired.
It's been a big weekend and it's not over yet.

But ..... in stunning news ..... I am packed!!!
I was packed by 7:00 p.m.
I KNOW!!!!  But it's true!

So ...... keep telling me what you'd like to do/see if you were going to Moscow/St. Petersburg.
Hopefully I'll keep getting the comments and will get a lot of good ideas and take a lot of great pictures.

Take care, my Peeps.
I will update as often as I can.

Hang in there ..... keep an eye on the Twitter updates on my sidebar (and pray it works from over there!).

См. вас более поздно.
(which, I think, means ..... see you later.  Hopefully I didn't just insult half of Russia!).






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to see a picture of you and daughter #1 in front of famous places. I don't know Russia well, so I 'll let you choose the definition of famous.

JB

Carol Scibelli said...

Hi...just found you. I'd take my hat off to you...if I was wearing a hat.
Six children to raise. WOW (which is MOM upside down)

Congrats on daughter #2. You seem to be an unusually strong woman with a beautiful family.

Hope to meet you at the San Diego
conference.
Best,
Carol

Leslie said...

Being one who does many of life's important events alone, I understand the "mostly good" comment. The event is good, but the feelings inside are so tough to figure out. Thinking of you at this momentous occasion. So happy for daughter #2.

Anonymous said...

Must see. Peterhodff Castle, Catherine the great caste, the ballet, & Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage will take more than one day. Outstanding. Have fun, wish I were going.

JT

kdawnmartin said...

I like a few others don't know Russia very well, so just take lots of pictures and then let me know what they are! Love you tons and pray you have a safe and fun trip. You really are an amazing woman Janine! Just wanted you to know.

Mary Lou said...

Congratulations to Daughter #2. Praying for safe travel and a good trip and sweet fellowship and great weather. Take lots of pictures and do include you and daughter #1 and tell us what the buildings are...for I for one will have no idea. Looking forward to all you will share.

Mom said...

Good evening my darling daughter.
I am so proud of daughter #2. About as proud as I am of you. You and Jim have raised an amazing family. I know he was watching over the ceremony on Saturday. He is very proud, as well.

Have a wonderful time with daughter #1 and give her our love. We will be glad to have her back home again.

I love you so very much.

TressaMOMof3 said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!
Tressa