Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Little Bit Tense .... and a Whole Lot Tired

..... I need more time.
The clock is ticking and it's getting louder and louder.

     I leave for Russia on Sunday afternoon ..... and I am nowhere near ready.  I haven't packed -- I haven't even really thought about packing.
     Every day this week is scheduled with more than one thing.  Every night has something scheduled.
     And I leave Friday for Daughter #2's graduation ceremony, which is Saturday morning.

     The house is full of workers; the sprinkler system now has a a pipe that looks like a vampire bit into it .... which means that it has two mysterious holes in it that are causing a minor flood in the back yard and a river to run out of the driveway.
     Thankfully, the AC is working upstairs, which also means that my checking account is lighter (and will be even lighter once I call the sprinkler company).
     It seems that everything in my life needs to be taken care of in the next few days .... whether I have time or not.

     Tick ..... tick .... tick.

Hopefully that's just the sound of the clock  ...... and not a bomb that's getting ready to go off.

If you don't hear from me in the next couple of days ........ I exploded.

P.S.  In case you've forgotten, tomorrow is "Ask Me Wednesday!" --- don't worry, AMW doesn't make me explode ... in fact, it's a bit easier to do than the rest of the week ..... so you can ask, and be safe.
:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Overwhelmed by so much to do. I can see why you'd be a bit tense.
Praying for peace and the ability to let some stuff go.

JB

Wendie said...

Question: Now that you've got a couple weeks behind you, how do you feel the meds are doing for you?

Mary Lou said...

Praying that He will expand your time and you will accomplish all that you need to accomplish and will be able to let the rest go. Be still and know that He is God. May He be the lifter of your head today and a shield about you and give you His peace. Hugs and prayers....Mary Lou

kdawnmartin said...

When does Daughter #3 graduate?? I just figured they would do it together. Ya know being twins and all. And are you going to be in T-town the first weekend in October?? For the you know what????? I will! Yippeeeee!

Wunderwoman said...

Can we have recipe for Italian cream cake your daughter made? pretty please;)

Carrie said...

Sorry your week has been so crazy! I hope you can still enjoy your trip & everything else gets taken care of!

Janine, a friend of ours, named Steve, just lost his wife to cancer - they have 6 kids, ranging in age from adults to middle school - will you say a prayer for him - I know you'll know just what to pray. Thank you! :)