Monday, June 15, 2009

I am Home ....

..... and finally feeling some peace. 
Finally.
My brother and sister picked me up this morning and after going to visit some wonderful friends, they brought me back to their house to sleep in a bedroom that's been laughingly reserved for me for a while now.  We call it the "Blue Room" (because it's blue .... no hidden meaning here!).  Yesterday was a difficult day .... just didn't feel well and was exhausted (although I did get to go see "My Life in Ruins" with my dear friend, L.  Seeing her:  priceless.  Seeing the movie:  Not so much).
I awoke this morning to the deafening whine of a saw being used upstairs, followed by a lot of hammers banging away ..... and knew that I just couldn't handle all of that, and any medical stuff today.  I really felt like I was going to jump off of the brink of madness and down into the pit of despair (isn't that on the Princess Bride?).
So these two amazing people who love me unconditionally brought me to their home, my 2nd home, where I am now laying in bed and am ready to fall asleep (since I can FINALLY take some pain meds .... can't take them when I'm going to be driving, working or interacting with people).  
Maybe now I will get my long awaited coma.
I certainly hope so.

I will post again when I regain consciousness, Peeps.
So be patient.

And discuss amongst yourselves this question:

If you could go anywhere in the world for a week of just plain peace and rejuvenation,  where would it be?
For me, it's here ..... in the blue room, surrounded by love (and NOT surrounded by remodeling workers!)

Happy Monday,  my Peeps.
:)

12 comments:

Kim said...

I love you. and I am so very happy you have "the blue room" and all the love and blessings that come along with it.

Peace and rejuvination...one whole week......well.....the "blue room" sounds pretty great. can I reserve a week???
if not...I guess a beach house, with my Nana or my oldest son---someone who gives lasting hugs and kind words.
love, K

Anonymous said...

In a cabin in the woods by a lake or a coast --- North shore of Lake Superior or the coast of Maine. mjd

Mary Lou said...

So thankful that you are having some peace and quiet. Praying things smooth out for you this week. Loved your scripture on Twitter...Heb. 6:19...He truly is the only anchor that holds in the midst of the storm. For right now I can't think of where I would like to be for a week of r and r. Destin, FL is a favorite get away place to go and just do nothing but read and study the Word. Blessings and prayers...may His peace flow over you in unending waves. Mary Lou

Carrie said...

Hmmm...peace and rejuvenation sound good, but that means I would have to leave my 18-month-old for a whole week...don't know if I would/could do that. :( But, if he was well-taken care of, and I didn't have attachment issues.... :)

I would probably go to my MIL's house - honestly, we are so close, and she would take good care of Z & she lets me sleep in - even when they come visit on vacation - it's so nice. That would be the best of both worlds. :)

Anonymous said...

My idea of a perfect R & R place is on a yacht (complete with staff)off the coast of the Bahamas, just a little off the coast so i can enjoy the clear blue waters with a good swim when i'm not relaxing with a good book on deck. no cell phone, no blackberry, no computer, no t.v., no paper, no watch. lots of good books and spirits (both kinds). love, lori

Rebecca said...

How great that you are finally getting a much deserved rest!...Still praying for you!

I would have to say a beach with my husband or some close friends...Cancun would be nice...=)

kdawnmartin said...

I would have to say there with you. I love being around you and just with you. You make me laugh and I feel so very loved. Just got home from Indy...had a wonderful time with my old neighbors. It is so quiet here in the house with the kids gone...what will I do??? Love yo tons sis!

susan said...

glad you are getting some rest...so snore thru this comment if you'd like. For me, any pretty beach (so that lets Galveston off the list), without my kids, preferably with my husband although he would be optional, definitely with a couple good books...or the cruise sounds nice too.

Mom said...

Good evening my darling daughter. I'm glad to hear you are getting some much needed peace and quiet. And some meds and rest. I so wish it could have been here at the lake, but I understand the trip is more than you can handle right now. Maybe soon you can come for more than just a day or two and get some rest before you have to go back. D and I are planning on coming down either Friday or Saturday, so at least I'll get to see you for a while. I love you so much.

elliebelle said...

Happy to know you're getting some much needed rest - the blue room sounds so peaceful!

As far as where I'd go... I'd have to say somewhere near the ocean, but I don't know exactly where...I'd have to do a little research to find the "perfect" spot.

Take care - you're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I would be in Hawaii. I'd stay in a hotel with room service so I wouldn't have to leave my room if I didn't want to. I'd have a beautiful view of the ocean and the sunset, not the sunrise. No kids. Definitely, no kids.

Judy said...

The Outer Banks of North Carolina--in a little house, right on the beach.