Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm going insane ....

 ..... slowly, but surely.

My hip has been horrible today.  It's like a massive infected tooth that throbs and aches non-stop, driving you to the brink of insanity.
I'm at the brink.

And the boys seem bent on pushing me completely over.  
It's just been one of those days.

I took Son #3 to see "Up" today, with K and two of her children and my mom and D.
I had great expectations for it.
I was disappointed.
I found it irritating.
And quite sad in the beginning.
Too sad for a children's movie.

Daughter #3's dog escaped last night and I have no idea where she is.  It seems that a woman saw her, got close enough to read D3's phone number on her dog tag and then called D3 and left a message.  But she didn't keep the dog .... she just saw her.
Go figure.
So she's still gone.
And D2's cat is still pooping in the house.
Insanity ...... at the brink of.  Indeed.

On the way home from the movie K and I watched two cars slam into each other.  It wasn't pretty.  Two teenage girl drivers.  Lots and lots of traffic.
We pulled over and I quickly went up to the first car, whose driver was in shock and was crying because of the pain in her neck and the shock of the wreck.
I called 911 while talking to her through the window and trying to keep her calm.  The other driver and her friend got out of their car and came over to talk to me and to check on this girl.  They were both fine.
In the end, so was the first driver.  I'm sure her neck will be sore for a few days .... but she didn't have to leave in the ambulance so that was good.
It's so strange to watch a wreck happen.  You see it in slow motion .... and keep thinking that it's really not going to happen ..... one of the cars will get out of the way.
But they didn't.
It could have been a lot worse .... so I'm thankful that everyone seemed to be OK.  We stayed until the police came and seemed to have a handle on everything.  
I just kept thinking that I would want someone to stay with my daughter if she had been one of those upset girls.

The boys and I went to dinner with K and her two youngest kids.
The brink of insanity got a wee bit smaller at that restaurant.  :)

Really .... just one of those days.

Remember that self-induced coma I talked about a few months ago?  And how great I thought it would be?  Just for a few months ..... or heck, even one month.
I still think so.

Just a month of rest .... nothing but rest.  
Sleep most of the time, food when I need it, no responsibilities, nobody looking to me for answers or money or decisions ..... or anything.

It's kind of scary to look out on the horizon of what lies ahead in your life ..... and to see no rest. Ever.
Every single decision from here on out will be mine.
Alone.
Big one.  Little ones.  Medium ones.
All mine.
And mine alone.

That.  Totally.  Sucks.

And makes me very, very tired.

I think I'll go to bed now.

And hopefully at least dream about being in a coma.

Good night, Peeps.



7 comments:

beccam said...

Hmmm, you were with K's C and T and my C? No wonder you were on the brink of insanity! You my friend are a brave, brave woman.

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hope you are sleeping well tonight, my friend, after a VERY
hard day. Praying the morning will bring new mercies.
I love you!! Vicki

southeastcountrywife said...

TOTALLY relate on the decision making, though i take my hat off to you as you have dependents. it it plain hard making all the decisions, all by yourself, all the time. too right it sucks!!

or on tackling big things alone. eg, i told a certain troublesome party (that you're aware of) about how hard it is to move house on your own...packing up, unpacking. she looked at me and said, "i thought your family would be helping you!" outwardly, i said that they were but it's still hard because they don't know about your belongings and your house, etc. inwardly, i was saying, "lady, you have nooooo idea..."

SJW said...

Hi J,
I am from the YWBB chat room of yore-Susan, of SueDaz the agnostic fame :P I just passed the two yr mark in April. Weird.

I have kept up with your blog for a whle now-and a few others in our losely defined timeframe-but haven't commented in a bit b/c well, life just gets crazier and crazier, doesn't it?

You are making it-like we all are-inch by incremental inch.You rock, kiddo. I know it's not the way you want to be acknowledged-I get that part-but today I wanted to tell you that I still keep up with you and yours, and even tho I don't pray per se, I still wish you peace in your heart.

P.S.- I SO agree with your movie review of UP! I saw it last week-and I did have those things happen persoanlly to me, and the first half an hour was torture-my kids and my friends got treated to me crying with 3-d glasses on, LOL

Anonymous said...

Dear Janine,
It was very nice of you and K to stay with those girls today. I'm sure it helped them very much and is appreciated by their parents.

I saw UP last week. I liked it very much, but cried quietly through various parts. I think it was a movie that could be watched on several different levels. Most kids would just pick up on the surface level and would probably be subdued, perhaps even a little bored, during the parts which set me off. I choked up even during parts where I wasn't "supposed" to. Music and color affects me a lot. To me the music was like another character during the movie. When it was sad or nostalgic, I felt very emotional. I thought it was well done though.

Love you,
Ann

Carrie said...

I know it's not the same, but I feel the same way about this stage of motherhood - we are expecting our 2nd, and our first will just be 2 when this one arrives...don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but, we want more children after this, and like you said, sometimes it seems that no end is in sight! :) But God always provides the strength for each day, and I know He will for you, too. Praying for you & your family! :)

Janine said...

SueDaz!! It's great to see you!!! Thanks so much for keeping up with me .... that means a lot. And thanks for wishing me peace. I can't believe you've reached the 2 year mark. Wow.