I slept for 5 hours this afternoon. I have not felt this much at peace in a very, very long time.
In fact, I'm here for the night, maybe 2.
And God blessed with me with 2 more friends today who love and want to help me in whatever way they can. He is extending my family in an amazing and miraculous way. I cannot believe how blessed I am ..... in spite of ...... well, just in spite of.
This is what the "church" should be ..... people loving one another, in all kinds of ways. Not keeping a "score card" on how many people we draw in, how much money we collect, how many programs we produce.
Just this ...... on how well we love.
I love God's church.
3 comments:
How I praise Him for giving you such beautiful peace...there is no way to describe His peace. So thankful that you have slept so well. So thankful for the body of Christ too..it can be so beautiful and it is so amazing to be a part of it. They are God's hands and arms to you right now..what a blessing. May this continue for you. Praying and sending hugs...Mary Lou
praise God for peace and for His church, the people of his pasture. . . praising Him for how He is meeting you.
blessings, friend!
Dear J! Meeting you has taught me to pray for peace. Just peace, nothing more. Not "oh please God don't let this happen or that happen" or "please help me be better at ____" or "please make so-and-so better from their illness." Just peace. Peace in my heart, peace in my mom's brain, peace in the family of a sick kid, peace in J's life. With peace, calmness, steadiness, we can be better at noticing love, kindness and comfort.
Thank you J!!!
Post a Comment