Happy Saturday, my Peeps.
I thought I'd give you pictures from my surprise birthday party that Son #3 planned and managed to pull off. Quite an amazing feat for a 14 year old. Of course, he had a bit of help from my friends, but it was his idea and he did a great job.
This is the cake that a friend from church made. She makes the most amazing cakes. Not only did she do a great job with the picture, which I'm sure you all will recognize instantly, but the cake itself was wonderful. It was a Texas sheet cake ..... which, if you've never had .... you haven't lived. As a matter of fact, it was a double layered Texas sheet cake. And it was wonderful. She did an amazing job with the blog picture ...... it says, "Blow out the candles .....
One Breath at a Time ....". I was so very touched.
As you can see from this picture. When I first came in the house and noticed all of the food on the island I was stumped ...... and speechless. Then everyone, who were all standing in the living room, started singing, "Happy Birthday" .... and I started crying. And this picture was taken:

And here's Son #3, checking on me and being very proud that he managed to keep this quiet for over 6 months:

This is me with my friend N, who was instructed to get this birthday hat as close to my head as possible for the picture. That's because every time someone put it on my head I immediately took it off. I was not in the mood to be a birthday princess:

This is Daughter #2 between two very dear friends, D & V. In fact, V was the very first person I met after we moved here and was responsible for getting me involved in MOPS and for convincing me to try out their wonderful church .... which I was loathe to do, but I finally caved and we never left.

Here's the food on my island, which made me stop and wonder what the heck was going on when I first came in:

This is Son #3 trying to help me blow out the un-blowable candles on my cake. My lung capacity was very low that day:

Me, opening gifts that will most likely not get thank you cards sent for, because I am extremely rude and no one was taking notes while I was opening them. sigh

So there you go ..... my birthday. In spite of not wanting to celebrate this day ..... I did. And I'm glad.
I am mostly packed for my trip tomorrow. I leave in the a.m. The workers will be here all week to try to finish up the upstairs.
We. Shall. See.
But I will try to not think about it a I relax in the high 70's of San Diego. I really may never come back. I hope that my Family will step in to finish raising Son #2 and #3 ...... unless they want to move in with me in San Diego.
It will be very, very hard to come back.
And most likely will take a boat-load of Xanax.
We shall see.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hanging around with family, reading, relaxing and doing a lot of nothing.
And then I'm looking forward to finally having face-to-face meetings with so many of the women I've met in the blog world. I think it will be a wonderful weekend. And I'm not packing a single mask.
I am definitely bringing along my computer/life line so that I can keep in touch with my Peeps, and can keep up with both blogs.
I'm hoping to upload some of the vacation pictures to share with you this week. Don't get too excited ..... they're not that exciting. But ..... there may be a few good ones.
Unfortunately, I don't have any pics from the night that Son #3 rode the Rockin' Roller Coaster with Corbin Blue ..... but he did. I think that was the night he rode the monorail ..... which crashed the next morning and killed the driver. I have no idea if Son #3 had anything to do with that, but fortunately we left for the cruise the next day, so no one has investigated us further on that subject.
And I have chosen to not ask many questions about his night on the monorail. I figure ignorant is better than knowledgeable about things like this. No?
OK, it's time for bed. I plan to go to the early service in the a.m. (the 8:20 service) and then head to the airport.
I'm sure I'll blog tomorrow night to tell you how the day went, which will hopefully be uneventful.
Have a goo Sunday, me Peeps ..... and as always .... thanks for being here.
5 comments:
Wth is a Texas sheet cake? Does it have barbecue sauce in it?
Happy Birthday Janine!
Wow you have a great looking bunch of people over there in Texas :-)
I hope you travel well, and come safe home :-)
RJ
Dear Janine:
I know sometimes you may not "feel" it, but you are VERY blessed with so many who love you. Have a WONDERFUL time in San Diego. I'm sure you will be a blessing to many there.
Safe travels.
Beth Kopti
Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a great time in San Diego, and I can't wait to see some pics! :)
Tressa
Have a great trip and enjoy the cool weather.
Post a Comment