...... two teenage boys. Normal in every way: mostly sullen, glaring, ticked off by not getting their way, very loving when getting their way, ungrateful, think adults are morons.
No special diet required .... just keep plenty of Dr. Pepper on hand to keep them quiet and calm.
I repeat .... they are FREE!!
Don't make them study and let them play video games at all hours, go to friends' homes whenever they want, watch whatever they want ..... and have absolutely no chores and they'll be very happy and willing to not glare death rays at your head.
Did I mention there is no charge for these two beings? Not a penny. Nary a cent.
In fact, I may be able to pay YOU!
Don't take too long .... only 2 in stock ..... all sales are final.
I took D#1 to the airport this morning ..... got word that she just landed, after being stranded in Charlotte for the second time during this trip. She now hates that city. Oh well.
She's safe and sound in Boston and glad to be home.
I spent the rest of the morning at my doctor's office ... which was a bit crowded today. We tweaked my meds and will see if that makes a difference. It's frustrating that this is really just trial and error.
Oh well. There's nothing to be done except to try it and see if we err.
I then went to work .... I stayed home last week to hang out with D#1 .... it was good to go back today. Very good.
Except that after about 3 hours I was ready to go find a quiet place to take a nap. I'm still getting quite exhausted in the afternoons. Maybe I should go make my way down to the preschool area and take a nap with the 3 year olds? Ya know ... I think that's a great idea!!
I'm going to need my naps so that I can stay up for the US Open, which started today! Yay for tennis being on TV much of the day and evening. That makes me heave a sigh of contentment. Sigh ......
OK ..... I know .... it's pretty sad when the most exciting thing I have to write about are my tweaked meds.
But again, Peeps ..... no excitement around here is not such a very bad thing. (You're supposed to read that with a Yiddish accent. Don't ask me why ..... that's just the way it is). :)
I am now going to sign off to watch tennis and guard my eyeballs from the death rays that are sometimes shot down from the upstairs bedrooms.
Pray for me, Peeps ...... a death ray is a horrible way to go. Especially on the first day of the US Open!!!
12 comments:
We have a 20 year old grandson with us. Glaring, sullen, ticked off seem to be the new normal:-)
Doesn't it get tiring??
So, you're telling me that my sullen-one-minute, your-the-best-mom-in-the-world the next minute (when he gets his way), chowhound of a 13-year-old son is perfectly normal?!? Whew! I was worried!! So, if someone is looking for a 3rd one to go with your two, I know where to find him!!! (He's cute, too!!).
Hmm, will you consider a trade? LOL, seriously though, now that W is back home, when are we doing lunch? I'm pretty free this week except for Friday, so let me know.
R
I would love to send you my son. He would be perfect with your other two.
Hi J,
Thinking of you. Reading your teenage son post, I thought for some reason you'd like this chocolate cake recipe.
It's not Texas sheet cake, but it is cheap to make, can be doubled or tripled for a crowd (or teenage boys) and is the quickest cake mix you'll ever bake. It's as quick as a package mix even.
http://foodlark.blogspot.com/search?q=chocolate+cake
You can probably make it during a change of ends, before watching more of the poetry in motion that is Roger Federer (my favourite player!) Who also has twin girls BTW - maybe you have some tips for him?
Watch out Sis...from the sounds of it, you might just become a child broker!
I love you SOOOO much...and I would even take your sons. However, I'd bet they'd appreciate you a WHOLE lot more after a month with us!!! LOL:)
But thankfully...you will probably keep them;)
Stay strong. My kids were pretty awful today too. They need them some beatings!
HUGS and SMOOCHES,
Lis
Maybe a foreign exchange program? JB
awwww. i remember this summer, i was half loathing saying good bye to my two college aged kids at the end of the summer, and the other half just loathing. them.
such is the nature of the beast (the teen). you nailed their habitat and behavior to a T. (you must have animal planet!)
and as a mother of older girls, you must know that they will regain some of thier humanness after leaving their den. . .
it gets better.
hopefully you can weather this storm. i'm sure this makes you miss jim and his testosterone alphaness, but sadly, you must stand in the gap.
remain strong. pray continually.
and you have me on the sidelines cheering you on.
you rock, mom!!
I fully understood this morning why some mothers (in the animal kingdom) eat their young. After battling with Shelby for thirty minutes about the importance of socks she glared at me all the way to school in the rearview mirror. I'm so looking forward to that for another 15-20 years.
I'll trade you your two glaring teen boys for 3 kids ALL HITTING PUBERTY AT THE SAME TIME (ages 13, 11.5 & 9.5).
I bake all the time, so maybe your boys wouldn't glare at me TOO much. :)
Thought of you last night, as I was TRYING to keep my eyes open to watch Roddick win. But I'm in the EST time zone, and it was too late!
loved this blog...and i could probably add an 8 year old girl to that trade...
I'll take #3 in a fair and equal trade for my D#1. You understand girls.....I understand boys......what do you say? lets give it a try? I'll throw in my S#3 to sweeten the pot!;-) LOL!! Let me know what you think!!
Love you! Kim
Post a Comment