Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today is Tuesday .....

..... so you know what tomorrow is.
Get out your questions, dust them off and post them.

Today was mostly a good day.
Mostly.

I worked most of the day, watched a bit of tennis and spent a nice evening with people I love.
I can't ask for much more than that.
Well, I guess I could, but I won't.
Because ..... well, because that's enough.

And now it's time to get some shut eye.

And hope that tomorrow is a decent day.

In spite of the death ray glares.


5 comments:

Wendie Tobin said...

What would you do if you had a child with serious anxiety?

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering what you do about husband jobs around your house? Since my husband died 2 years ago I have pretty much just let those things go, but they are building up. For example I have 2 lights over my garage outside that have been burnt out for over a year. I have hinted the need to friends and their husbands but that has not worked. And to be honest I have trust issues with hiring someone I don't know to come do odd jobs. What if they charge too much, what if they don't know what they are doing, etc. Thanks for any advice you can give.

purejoy said...

hahaha, stink eye from the children.
look the other way.
keep your eyes focused on the positive. . .
and when they get no response. . . perhaps they'll quit?
oh, hahahaha, wishful thinking i'm sure!

it's okay, mom. as my mother always used to say,
"this too will pass."

have an awesome wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janine!
I read your post on Widow's Voice. It was VERY good. I know you are talking from your heart and it kind of flows out of you while you are writing, but I thought you expressed your thoughts beautifully.

Even though school is back in session, I am losing track of days (it is only a matter of time before I try to roll the kids out of bed for Saturday school), so I have been missing Wednesday lately...

Will C be getting his learner's permit soon? Have the kids taken a driving course on line or in person? Where was the first place P wanted to drive? Have you heard any more about them upping the driving age in TX? I'm hoping if it is going to happen, it happens before next Sept. - I'm not ready!

OK. I have a theme for my questions now- things I'm not ready for, but you have been through. What age were the girls when they were allowed to date? Curfew? Did the kids take one of those SAT preparation courses? If the school was going to take your freshman to another country with say the band (you are paying of course) would you feel that was a little young or would you roll with it? You can probably tell which way I'm leaning there. I'm thinking if the economy is in the tank, why not these trips that cost as much as my family vacation! I have a year to save, so I better start eating beans tonight!

I'm sure there are other things looming that will freak me out, but I think I am done for the day...

Love you,
Ann

Anonymous said...

OK, this is a serious one . . . you hair always looks great, did you every dye it, or did you just go grey gracefully?