Well, Peeps, I made it through the bridal shower that several friends and I hosted at my house today. And I made it through with only one break down ..... very early, before the party really started.
All of the hostesses were supposed to write down some "words of wisdom" on a card that we then tied to a small tree for the bride-to-be.
When it came time for me to sit down and do it (a task I had been dreading) .... I managed to write a few sentences before fleeing to my bathroom to have a melt down.
I think I wrote something like ...... "Laugh a lot. Say "I love you" every single day and live for each other to the fullest. Then you will have no regrets."
D#2 came in to sit and cry with me.
I don't feel very wise at all. Just sad .... and cheated. And I need to get over it. I WANT to get over it, but my heart and mind just don't ever seem to be in sync.
Ever.
But .... we got through that after about 15 minutes or so, slapped the mask on, and headed out to finish getting things ready for the party.
There were a lot of people I love there .... and a lot of people I'd never met (which, of course, is what happens at these events). I think everyone had a good time. I love the young man and his family very, very much (we've known each other since he and D#2 & #3 were in middle school) ..... and I love his fiance. They will have a wonderful marriage because they will have Christ at the center of it. I love seeing the love in their eyes.
So the shower went very well, everyone helped out to clean up and then the kids and I just relaxed for the rest of the day, until we went over to A & M's for pizza and family bonding time. Their Daughter heads back to Yale tomorrow, while my D#1 heads back to Harvard on Monday.
The house is getting quieter and quieter.
D2 and D3 go home tomorrow after church.
But tonight was good. The pizza was good. The conversation and the laughter were great. The company was wonderful. And the love was flowing.
I can't ask for much more.
And so I won't.
So goodnight my Peeps and have a blessed Sunday. : )
4 comments:
I've been reading for quite a while, I may have commented once before. Anyway, I thought of you today. My daughter and I were at an event at the local Gardens, and met a wonderful woman. We talked a lot about many different subjects, walked around some, and even walked out to our cars together. Her husband died of leukemia 20 yrs ago at age 40 and she raised their five children alone. The youngest just left the nest. She's a vibrant woman, a nurse, with successful children, and living a full life.
I'm not sure why I felt compelled to tell you about her. I guess just the fact that she's been there, and she made it through. And you will too.
God bless.
p--
Thank you for taking the time to tell me that, to encourage me. Thank you for caring,
Janine
I just wanted to recommend a book I just started reading. It is "Ruthless Trust" by Brennan Manning. Amazing.....
Linda
Glad you a not completely miserable time!!! ;) I know you'd like to ditch all your masks completely, but sometimes they are nice to have just to get us through!!!
Wishing you a good upcoming week!!!
~LG
Post a Comment