Happy Friday, my Peeps. I hope your day was better than mine.
There are some mornings (and this was one of them) when I wake up, or rather, start waking up, and my body and mind are seized by a huge grip of anxiety ..... before I'm even fully awake. It's something on the "new side" .... meaning I've only noticed it in the past few months. I don't know what the heck is going on, what the heck starts it, since I'm still asleep when it strikes, or what the heck to do to stop it. But it's paralyzing. All I can do is curl up in a tight ball and not move, other than the involuntary shaking that seems to accompany it.
I. Feel. Like. I'm. Going. Insane.
Really.
It hasn't happened a lot, so that's good. Just another one of those "wave" things that I don't see coming ..... it just blindsides me.
And so I think it is time to go back to the doctor to try a different med, as much as I loathe the thought of that ...... the whole "trial and error" method of finding a med that will work without too many side effects, but something must be done.
Unless one of you invents the "happy pill" before Monday .... that's my plan. Get busy on that, Peeps ..... please!!!
:)
I managed to uncurl myself and get out of bed, but only because I had made a commitment to help with our MOPS registration today (I'm going to be a Mentor Mom again this year, which I'm looking forward to).
Then I came home, puttered around the house and started feeling a bit better. Until ....... I had to call AAA to remind them that Jim is still dead. They seemed to have forgotten that since I called them last year to take his name off of the account. The woman was very nice, but ...... while she had me on hold for quite a while so that she could remove his name ...... I snapped. I don't know why ..... one second I was calm and the next I was trying very hard to not throw up all over my bedroom floor. The emotions were swirling inside of me so hard that I knew I had to get off of that phone quickly.
And as soon as I hung up .... I barely made it. And cried and dry heaved for quite a while, all the while saying out loud, "This is SO stupid! Get used to it. Get used to it. GET USED TO IT!!"
I still don't get it. One moment I'm calm .... I've had to make several of these calls, and while they're never easy, they don't always slam into me anymore.
Thankfully, God has given my brother the gift of excellent timing when I'm at a point like this, and he texted. And then he immediately called and was able to calm me down a bit.
I still can't explain it ..... I still hate it ..... I still feel insane and all I want to be is happy.
I was able to take a short nap before Son #2 came home and then we had another big event. No ...... strike that ..... it was a HUGE event. I took him to get his driver's license. Yes, he is legal.



Be afraid ..... very, very afraid ..... if you live in our community!!
Actually, he's a pretty good driver. He's a little on the slow side, which is perfectly fine with me.
So while I felt anxious about him driving today to go pick up Son #3 .... I was also thrilled to feel some freedom again in that area!!!! So a big thank You to God for this. And .... we only had to wait an hour at the DPS office, which is a pretty decent time. So 2 thank Yous.
Son #2 was able to drop Son #3 off at the high school tonight for a football event that actually didn't last very long because we got a big rain storm.
So D #1 and I have been hanging out, watching a movie, while I've paid bills and tried to get a few things ready for the bridal shower we're having here in the morning. D #2 and #3 are on their way here tonight. Yay for more girl power in the house for a couple of days!
At least I accomplished something pretty big yesterday .... I managed to get all of the two Sons' school supplies by going to only 2 stores. For those of you who've tried to get everything on the teachers' lists the first week of school .... you know how what a huge accomplishment this is. That's because by the end of the first day of school, almost everything is sold out. It's nuts. So I really pushed the limit by waiting until Day FOUR. And it went OK. Another Yay.
Well, Peeps, D#2 just got home so I shall sign off. Thank you for riding the roller coaster vicariously through me today ...... heck .... most days.
I know that when it comes to riding it .... I'm on it alone. But I know that you're there, on the sidelines, praying for my safety, my sanity, my health, my future.
And that you care.
And THAT, my Peeps ..... IS something.
Something huge.
Thank you.
10 comments:
Good evening my darling daughter.
I'm so sorry that your day got off to such a rough start. Hopefully this will happen less and less often. I wish I could come up with your "happy pill". I would gladly give you the patent, just to know it would make your days better. Wishful thinking, I know. But one of these days. . . we'll get there. I'm always here for you, no matter what.
Congratulations to Son #2!! Yaayyy! Papa and I are very proud!
Good luck on your wedding shower tomorrow. We love you lots.
I have had alot of anxiety issues since my husband died. I usually wake up at 3am griped by anxiety and fear. I don't know why or what causes it but all I can do is lay there and pray. I will admit that it has gotten better over time (my husband died 2 years and 3 months ago) but it still happens from time to time. Recently I was reading Matthew 14:22-32(NLT) and I saw something so completely new in these verses. It is the story of the disciples on a boat in a strong storm- Jesus is off on land praying. Verse 25 says 'about 3 o'clock in the morning' (3am is when I wake up thinking about the storms in my life)Jesus comes to them and says do not be afraid. He asks Peter to come walk on water to meet him- Peter starts to go but sees the strong wind and waves and gets TERRIFIED and sinks. I wrote in my journal - Wow, isn't that me. I look at Jesus but then I take my eyes off him and look at the wind and storms brewing in my life and I get TERRIFIED. In verse 31 Jesus asks "Why do you doubt me?" That is a deep hard question I haven't been ready or able to answer yet.
Sorry this was long but hope that this helps.
Linda
So sorry you had a difficult day and I will pray you have a wonderful shower tomorrow and your time with your daughters will be blessed. I hope I get to see you all on Sunday.
Love you!
P.S.Way to go son#2!
Linda,
thank you SO much for sharing that. It does indeed help.
Janine
Firstly, I think you are a great mom to buy your boys' school supplies because I am pretty sure (if it was me) that I would send them off to get their own. :D
Secondly, I had similar anxiety issues to Linda. For months, I would wake up and be in a panic in the middle of the night...no bad dreams or any reason, it would just happen. I would have to turn the lamp on and just lay there whispering, "Jesus, please help me" over and over or rolling a Bible phrase over and over in my head with the light on until the panic wore off and/or I went back to sleep. It eventually stopped of its own accord. I had one episode when my housemate first moved out but other than that, it hasn't happened for months...or even since last year? So, although Linda's already proved it, know that you aren't alone--and you're not going insane!!!
The women of MOPS will be blessed by your presence. I know I was.
Thank-you
Lisa B
i haven't been by lately b/c i've been slammed with stuff, but i'm glad i dropped in on you.
just want you to know that i am there on the sidelines cheering for you.
i'm so glad you have lots of kids and lots going on. and your son isn't only legal, he's adorable!!
press on, sister. i know days are tough, but i'm really grateful that you are vulnerable enough to share. being transparent isn't easy. but what a joy to know that there are those who are standing on the sidelines, cheering, praying, and caring.
press on.
Janine, thank you for your encouraging comment on my blog this morning. I hope you are feeling better today, and able to get your medicine worked out.
Dear Janine,
You are perfectly normal with the waves and sudden and unexpected periods of grief that come out of nowhere. When I hit the period of 18 months or so I also thought I was going insane at times. I started re-reading a book that Hospice recommended and found a page called......."The Eighteenth Month". It starts out saying............
This is the point at which you find out your grief work isn't finished. By the time you are a year and a half away from your loss, you are sure the rough places are behind you. You are having more good days that bad ones. You may have learned to laugh again.
Yet all of a sudden, it may see as though you are back at the beginning of grief again. Sadness returns. Thoughts of the deceased person dominate your attention. Nights that were finally tolerable get long and rough again.
As bad as this feels, you are responding in a normal way to a major loss.
The book is:
Life after Loss by Bob Deits
This is on page 174
I hope this helps you and maybe some others as at the 2 1/2 year point I still have many of these moments out of the blue. We all loved our husbands and there is a huge hole in our lives. I am glad you have children (I do not) to occupy some times and distract you.
Anyway, my love to you and we will all try to hang on together.
Eleanor
Panic attacks can come in the middle of the night while you are asleep---from the subconsciousness mind because you haven't dealt (or tried to push away) the troubling thoughts during the day. You can wake up with a horrible feeling--even a racing heart for no reason that you can figure out--after all--how can you have a panic attack while you are sleeping. Nasty devils the panic/anxiety attacks!!!
Post a Comment