It seemed that I was not destined to sleep last night. I went to bed and right to sleep and then woke up at 2:00 a.m. ..... wide awake and with my hip screaming at me. It hasn't hurt like that in a while so I was quite disappointed.
I lasted until almost 3:00, when I got up, downed some Xanax and a pain pill (just call me Heath Ledger .... although I refrained from the Ambien) and then waited another hour until it finally kicked in and could sleep ...... until my alarm went off at 6:00. So yep, 2 good hours of sleep.
I puttered around the house this morning until it was time for me to go pick up my friend J. I then drove down to the med center, after telling her she had to drive back because I knew I'd be out of it.
I always take a Xanax before the MRI .... the doctors encourage it to help relax while being that loud coffin-like tube for an hour ---- which I was.
They put in an IV and then put me in the tube. I slept through most of it, thankfully. It's really not such a great feeling to open your eyes and find yourself with your nose 2 inches from the ceiling.
So in spite of the IV and the incredible noise .... I slept for basically the whole hour.
And then came out feeling groggier than ever.
I went with J to look for a "mother of the bride" dress and found out that there has GOT to be something done in this industry!! Just because you're a mother of a bride doesn't mean you're old with NO taste!! Sheesh!!! There are a lot of ugly mom dresses out there! All I could think was, "Crap! One day I'll have to be looking through these!". Unless I can talk all of my children into a beach destination wedding where we can all wear swimsuits and grass skirts.
I was home by 4:00 or so and went straight to bed. The next time I opened my eyes it was 6:00 and I felt like crap. I slept way too long and really should have just stayed in bed for the rest of the evening.
But then, who would've reminded you that tomorrow is "Ask Me Wednesday" and tomorrow, of all days, I need to be distracted.
I will leave early-ish (9:00) with Daughter #1 and J, to hear what the dr. says about the MRI pictures and the report. Again, I don't expect anything new, though I would I would like to know why I still have so much pain in there.
And maybe I'll have an answer about playing tennis and what the future holds for that.
It is now time for me to cook order dinner. The kids are wanting Chinese food.
I just want to go to bed. Maybe they won't notice as they break into their fortune cookies that Mom has hit the hay.
Until tomorrow, Peeps ....... when you will have lots of great questions ......
I just want to go to bed. Maybe they won't notice as they break into their fortune cookies that Mom has hit the hay.
Until tomorrow, Peeps ....... when you will have lots of great questions ......
6 comments:
My question is how is your brother M doing since his deployment? Are you able to talk with him or e-mail?
Love and miss you!
Do you know about T Carolyn's on 1960 near or in the Champions? They have some really nice dresses.
Saundra
What is your favorite Shakespeare play? Why? What is your favorite musical? Why? What is your favorite female character in a movie or play? Why?
my question is: our daughter is starting preschool next monday... do you have any advice to help her transition (or to help us not to freak out too badly?)
Hope everything went well with the MRI!!!
-Kirsten
You may have explained or talked about this before but I'm curious - are you living in the same house that your kids grew up in? Were they all born in the Houston area? Also - I love Gabby. Do you have any regrets about getting such a big dog? Does she still sleep in a different room than you? I know, nothing too earth shattering or world changing, just "inquiring minds want to know". From Gail in Colorado
Ooh, you haven't done questions yet - for once, I'm not too late! :) Hope you're feeling better!
Alright...hmmm...of course I'm too tired to think of anything good... any advice for how to ease my toddler into being the 'big brother'? My son will be just turning two when the baby's born, and I've had some people tell me not to pick him up as much, etc. to get him used to the fact that he's not the center of the universe any more. :) So...any tips? :) Thanks! and if this is too late, next week is fine. :)
Post a Comment