Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Twenty months ....

.... but then, who's counting?
Oh .... that would be me.

Today mostly sucked. And not because of the date, although that did not help. I didn't sleep well and I woke up feeling anxious, which has been happening quite a bit lately.
I feel like I'm sliding backwards, instead of moving forward and I'm sick of it .... and me. When these waves hit it's very hard to see that I've made any progress at all. At least for me, which may be normal? Heck, like I even have a clue as to what normal is anymore.
But it's time to hook with my therapist again. We'll see if she agrees with my diagnosis of being insane.
Sometimes I cannot believe the issues that I share with you guys (which .... I am now thinking ... may also be an indication of how insane I am!!!). The "before" me would NEVER have told more than a couple of people that she was going to see a therapist. At least .... I don't think she would have. It's getting hard to remember what she would or would not have done.
But if it helps anyone else who's on this path ..... or it helps anyone who knows someone on this path .... then .... what the heck?

Daughter #2 left this morning, so now I'm down to 5. I know ...."down to 5" isn't so "down" for most people, is it? I must admit ..... after so much time with only one or two kids here ..... 6 is sometimes a bit overwhelming. Of course I love them and I love having them within hugging distance, but in being honest .... there you go.
Of course .... I'm not sure what kind of admission that is because I seem be easily overwhelmed these days. Or at least I think I am, although I was told today that even a woman who's husband isn't dead, or hadn't had major surgery this year, would also be overwhelmed by all of the crap that's hit the fan over the past year (or so).

Alright .... enough. Not one of my best posts, or even an entertaining one. Sorry Peeps.
I'll blame it on the date.

Let's do "Ask Me Wednesday" tomorrow, shall we? I need some distraction ..... actually, quite a bit of distraction, so help me out, OK? Think of something to ask ..... distract me.
There ..... I've thrown down the gauntlet ...... you have been challenged, Peeps.

Rise to the challenge!!!!
:)


9 comments:

Laura said...

I don't know if you've read 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughters, but my question comes from that book. It also comes out of some fierce discussion among my friends on this topic.

So here it goes.

If parents find out that their teenage daughter is having sex, should they put her on the birth control pill or not?

purejoy said...

sorry you're having a cloudy day. it's always hard saying goodbye to a child... sure makes them coming home that much sweeter!
hope today is sunnier!!

Al said...

Janine,
Thanks for telling us about going to see the therapist. As a pastoral counselor who regularly refers individuals to therapists, and as a person who has benefited from seeing a therapist, I applaud your words.

"Ask Me Wednesday" question: Did you & Jim ever take the whole family on a camping vacation? Did you ever journey to a National Park together? If so, can you tell us more?

Pastor Al

Phyllis said...

Just something I have often wondered as to how other people handle the situation with "panhandlers". I have really conflicting feelings over what I should do when I encounted them.

Chris Anderson said...

My ask me Wednesday question.

Why aren't there more blue foods?

Made you chuckle!!

You don't have to answer that, I just wanted to make you laugh.

Chris

elliebelle said...

So sorry you had a rough day yesterday... hoping today looks a little brighter!

ok..... this may be a very boring question, but I'd love to hear your answer... Having to run a household with 6 children, how did you manage chores among them... What was the consequence if chores weren't completed?? Did you have different expectations during summer vs. schoolyear?

Cris

susan said...

blue food question reminds me of a show my kids and i watched recently on food network...why "blue raspberry" since raspberries aren't blue? Because the blue coloring turns their tongues blue and kids love blue tongues, ERGO (you don't get to use that word very often) blue raspberry is the favorite flavor for Sno-Cones, Icees, etc.

Mom said...

Good evening my darling daughter. I can never think of a question to ask for AMW. But I love reading the answers you give to all the questions asked of you. You have a really great head on those pretty shoulders! We're looking forward to visiting with W and all of you. D wants to know if you are going to be free on Friday. There's a question for you!

I love you bunches. And D was nice to A today. I told him he had to be.

Carrie said...

Didn't see this till today, so it's too late to ask a question - seems like I'm always behind on my blogs & don't catch up until Wed. nights, so I always miss the deadline. :)

I think, though, that I somehow just realized that my baby is due on the 2-year anniversary of Jim's death. Not sure why, but I just thought I needed to share that. I'm praying for you!