D and I went to the outlet mall today and spent only about an hour there. Shopping is not my favorite activity, though I do like spending time with friends and family while shopping. But shopping outdoors in the wind and rain ranks right up there with sticking sharp bamboo underneath my fingernails!
So we hit the two main stores I wanted to hit and then we left. We decided to rent a couple of movies and stay in for the rest of the day.
Tomorrow D & I head into Chicago for the weekend. If the weather stays like this (which it's supposed to, though there should be less rain and more cold on Saturday) we shall be spending time in our lovely hotel room, watching movies and having room service.
I have admitted more than once that I am a weenie when it comes to the cold .... so no making fun of me ..... especially for already breaking out the long johns today!
Our hotel room will have a view of Lake Michigan, so we should have a really great breeze! :)
We're staying in tonight and having Chicago-style pizza, which I have missed for over 20 years! Sorry New Yorkers but I enjoy Chicago's pizza better than yours.
We will probably have much wine, too .... but only to stay warm. Kind of like, for medicinal purposes, you know?
Here's another question for you Peeps ..... how is the weather where you are today? I heard that it poured in Houston today and it's getting a bit cooler there (but not like cooler here!).
Anyone have sunshine and warmth today?
Discuss.
11 comments:
Hello Janine,
I am experiencing the same type of weather that you are! You are only three hours from me. I do hope all is better for you. Hugs to you, Lorry
Hi Lorry-- I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. I hope life is getting less "black" for you and a bit lighter.
Love,
Janine
Beautiful, perfect Fall day in NC today. Carolina Blue sky, temps in the low 70's. Even went for a walk after dinner tonight as it was much too nice to stay inside!
It is 43 degrees and overcast in Anchorage, Alaska. Still NO SNOW!!! We are lovin' it!!
Also...Chicago is actually called "the Windy City" because of its politicians!! LOL! ;)
Here in western NY, our day started off in the upper 50s & sunny - me and Z went for a walk this morning without jackets & were rather comfortable. Then this afternoon it got colder & almost rainy - low 50s I think, and we went to play basketball, with our jackets this time. FYI, watching a two-foot-tall person try to make a 'hoop' in a ten-foot-tall basketball hoop is absolutely hilarious. Especially when he turns around & in complete seriousness, says disappointed-ly, "I missed." :)
I'm in eastern Iowa (4 hours from Chicago) so we've had the same weather - only a few hours earlier. I would be thrilled to be done with this rain. Yuck! Enjoy your time in Chi-town!
Shelley
You are right - rain today - and now cooler temperatures!! YEA!!! How awesome to be staying in a hotel with your sister, watching movies, and having quality sister time!!!! How did ya'll pick Chicago??? Have a great time Janine!!! How long will you be gone this time?
Here in West Tennessee it rained all day on Thursday. Temps weren't bad, but cooler today and still overcast. Enjoy all the fun inside and being with family, that is the best place to be. Have a great week end.
Sunshine and warmth here in Jacksonville, FL. They don't call it the Sunshine state for nothing! It's been in the 80's and today is shaping up to be a beautiful fall day. I need to get outside and try to enjoy it - days like this always make me feel more grateful, and my spirit could definitely use a lift right now.
Even though I grew up in CT, I generally can't stand the cold anymore either - I subscribe to the thinning blood theory also. Hope you are having fun with family and remember, you get to leave the cold and go back to Texas!
i hate the cold too. so i moved from wisconsin to tennessee.
it was glorious yesterday, but is raining (again) today. it's supposed to clear out by tomorrow, which i hope, since the fall has been rainy and yukky for high school and college football. and i'd like for my daughter to get to look cute at her big game. as a knoxvillian, she's a freshman at alabama. and if you know anything about the SEC, the two schools are not exactly chummy.
she has 15 friends from home descending on her apartment. should be interesting. i just hope they have good weather for a change.
hope you have fun (and stay warm) in chicago. they don't call it the windy city for nuthin!
It's a beautiful sunny Spring day here in Christchurch, New Zealand - a bit of a breeze, but blue skies, and cottonwool clouds.
Post a Comment