Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ask Me Wednesday!!

Happy Wednesday, Peeps.

Today was a quiet day. Son #2 stayed home sick today, though I have my suspicions about the level of his illness. He seems to have recovered magnificently tonight as he plays video games. I am amazed at his ability to heal from supposedly hurling all night long.
Just to let you know .... there was no video-game-playing today, nor any tv-watching nor any kind of fun what-so-ever. When the kids stay home sick I make sure they keep their little ill bodies in bed all day. But hey .... I'm not totally heartless ..... I make sure they have school books and homework to study so they're not too bored. :)

I stayed home most of the day, except for the few errands I ran, to keep an eye on the patient. I think he's well enough to return to school tomorrow.
I had Circle tonight (which was asked about in a question below). It's always good to see these friends, even if it ends up being a sad night, as tonight was. We laugh a lot, but some nights are more difficult than others. Tonight I just kept thinking that I really can't believe (yes, still .... after almost 2 years) that this is my life.
I can't believe he's gone.
I can't believe I'm a widow.
I can't believe my future that we planned will never happen.
I can't believe I am a single mother.
I can't believe ....... so-very-much.
I just can't.

But there you go. It is my life .... whether I believe it or not.
It's gotten better .... even if there are still times that I can't believe it.
I'm not crying as I type this ... which is also hard to believe.
And my life is not as bad as it could be.
Not by a long shot.

So, in spite of not being able to always believe, I'm grateful.
And thankful.
And blessed.
And loved.
Now THAT ..... I can believe.

On to the questions:
Anonymous said...
You obviously are encouraged and touched by Christian music. AMW question (s): When did you start making heart conenctions to the lyrics and music of believers in Christ? Was it as a teen in chruch? Did you hear it at a youth camp or conference? Did it enter your life as an adult?

I think I first started making connections as a teen, especially with praise music. That continued throughout my adult life. But the deep, heart connection has only come since Jim died. It seems that every time I turn on the radio there will be a song playing that touches my heart, that gives words to the feelings I'm feeling. And so I connect. And then pass those connections on in my blog and/or Facebook.
Great question, Anon.

Anon #2 asked:

Do your sons have chores now that they are the only 2 home?

Yes, they do, though I must admit that the "after" me has eased up quite a bit. One week one has kitchen duty and the other has trash duty. The next week they switch, unless one of them gets 3 strikes during the week and then has to do that chore, plus the other chore, the following week.
They also clean their rooms and do their laundry.

Thanks for asking.

Anon #3 asked:

Are you still meeting with your Circle?

Yes, we are. I was out of town last week but we still meet on a weekly basis. In fact, I just got home from meeting them tonight.


Anon #4 asked:

How old were your kids when they started doing chores around the house?

Hmmmmm, well, that would depend on the chore. They helped clean up their rooms at a very young age ..... like 2 to 3. But for real chores .... as in the kitchen and their laundry .... they were 8 ... in 3rd grade. And they were perfectly capable at that age to do help out around the house.


Thanks for the questions, Peeps .... by comments and/or by e-mail.
See you tomorrow .... or the next day. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Janine:

Even after almost 6 years I still catch myself thinking/saying, "I can't believe!" I suppose it will always be there.

You do sound so much better and are very blessed with those who truly care.

Beth in NC