Well, not too busy, actually.
D and I packed up this morning and then went to see a movie ("Motherhood" with Uma Thurman -- it was good) and afterwards we headed into Chicago. Our hotel is great .... right on the lake with a fabulous view.
We checked in, stared out the window for awhile and took pictures and then headed out to brave the wind and the drizzle.
We walked down Michigan Ave. for quite a while before heading back, stopping to pick up some dinner and some wine (thank you God for 7-11!).
We were quite warm after walking all that way at a brisk pace. Plus my feet and hip were starting to get a wee bit unhappy from all of the walking.
Since then we've just been relaxing in the room, watching a movie and some brainless TV. It's great!
You can see Navy Pier from here and the Field Museum. I took some more pictures once we came back to have the view at night.
We're not sure what we're doing tomorrow .... it depends upon the weather. We may take a bus tour of the city .... I never did that when we lived here (many, many moons ago).
D and I are having fun just being together .... this is the first time we've spent time alone together since we were kids. It's great. She's a wonderful sister and I'm grateful to have her (even though I had to become an adult to appreciate her!).
I am blessed.
I am also missing Jim .... since I've never been here without him. I keep wanting to tell him things .... yes, even after all of this time I still have the instinct to call him up or think "I can't wait to tell him when I get home". I then instantly remember that I can't tell him anything ... that I won't ever be able to tell him anything again. And I feel like crap. But then the feeling passes (usually) and I'm mostly puzzled that my mind still plays this trick on me. I wonder how long this will go on?
So anyway .... other than missing him, which isn't that much different from any other day -it's just more intense some days than others - I'm having a nice time with my sister.
I'm able to post pics to my Facebook account, but not to the blog. If you want to see them, then you can "friend" me there, letting me know that you're a Peep/blog reader.
Hopefully I'll get some pics posted on the blog next week.
Have a great weekend, Peeps .... and stay warm, wherever you are!
Keep the weather reports coming in .... it's great to know where everyone is from!!
1 comment:
don't tell me you were walking down michigan avenue with a bottle of wine in a brown paper bag????
was the pizza the other day from Geno's? my mouth is watering.
today is beautiful in houston...this is why we live in texas.
Post a Comment