.... that pretty much sums up my day.
I'm tired.
I cooked.
I know!
Well, some people might not call it cooking, but I TOTALLY opened up that jar of sauce AND that bag of salad by myself. I also did a fairly nice job of baking the frozen bread and boiling the water. That's cooking in my book .... at least here in my "after".
I went to a luncheon today at a place in town where I'd been several times before .... always with Jim.
That was a bit of a wave.
Then one of the speakers mentioned Jim's company and another wave slammed into me. I had to bite my lip for quite a while to not cry. I came very close .... teared up, but didn't let them spill over. My lip is a bit sore but at least I didn't look like an emotional wreck in front of a lot of strangers.
So there you go .... waves and spaghetti.
Could be worse.
Could have been waves OF spaghetti.
See you tomorrow, Peeps ..... I recently read a very good book on grief and I'm going to write about it some time this weekend. It's called "Solace". Let me know if you've heard of it.
2 comments:
I'm actually kind of surprised my lip hasn't fallen off yet from biting it so much.
The waves, come and the waves go. I just which I could figure out when they were coming so I could prepare myself for them better. (maybe my lip wouldn't hurt so bad then :)
well done on the cooking. :)
nope, haven't heard of that book so looking forward to hearing what you say about it! i'm still reading...
Post a Comment