This is the quilt we're working on. Isn't it great? I love it and will love having it.We worked on it today ... it's filled and pinned to the backing and ready to be sewn together. I've never worked on a quilt before and I've enjoyed it. It's busy, yet relaxing work.
I've also been working on an embroidery project that I brought with me, hoping to get a lot of it done while I'm here. Busy, yet relaxing.
Last night I was not so relaxed. You see, the day before some workmen putting a french drain into my swamp of a back yard cut into the internet cable. I was told yesterday, via text, that it had been fixed.
Then one of the sons texted me last night to tell me there was no water in the house. It seems that the plumber had turned it off and not turned it back on. I wasn't sure what the son wanted me to do, especially at 10:00 at night!
But I texted my brother to see if he could call the boys to instruct them on how to turn the water back on. He could and he did (thank you, BB).
I found out today that the internet is still out. Seriously.
Do you know what it's like to be in a house with 2 teenage boys and no internet?
Pure hell.
Poor Mom.
I think Mom has since instructed the boys to NOT contact me unless a copious amount of blood is flowing (thanks, Mom).
Once I knew that the water situation was under control I could relax a bit and I did manage to get some sleep last night .... with some medicinal help (thank you, medicninal help).
It's time for me to ask you a question .... since I'm out of town and all.
Do any of you have a difficult time relaxing or am I just strange?
And if you do, what have you found that helps you relax?
There you go ..... a question to discuss amongst yourselves ... and with me.
And ... thank you for all of the prayers and encouragement.
Happy Thursday, Peeps.
Now .... discuss......
7 comments:
I got one word--WINE!!
AC
Hey Janine!
Cool quilt! That will be special because it's Jim's T's but also because of the ladies who are making it with you. I relax by doing just what you are doing - sewing, especially by hand.
Love,
Ann
Difficult time relaxing? YES, YES and YES. I hate it. Trying to relax, that is. But I am trying. I go to a lot of performances, even when I don't have time and that is my "forced relaxation". But relax at home? I just can't seem to figure it out. I'm with ya girl.
Hmmm...I don't know about that...but when I do try to relax, especially at home...or on vacation with my kids, it's hard...always thinking of what needs to be done next, or I'll think, "Okay, I can relax for 20 minutes...then I have to..." :)
I LOVE the quilt! I have thought that it would be nice to display some of his or your favorite bow ties in shadow box frames.
Kris
I have never been able to relax. Ever. I failed Lamaze. Seriously. Failed. So, I am hoping you get some good advice here, and then pass it along to me. Maybe we can both learn something :-)
Glad you are enjoying your time with MJ and family. The quilt looks great, I can't wait to see it all finished!
Love, K
Hi Janine!!
I love your blog! Thanks for sharing!! The quilt is amazing and I'm assuming it's your husbands t-shirts. What a wonderful thing to do with them!!
I'm doing something similar by saving my kids clothes as they grow so I can created a quilt for each one of them.
My heart is with you and I'm sorry about your husband. God Bless.
Sherry
Post a Comment