Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Relaxing ....

..... finally.
Away from all of the testosterone in my home and the claims of it being a "man house" now. The boys are trying to take over. They are delusional, but obstinate.
So I ran away.
Up north.
Way north.
And am hanging with M and her mom up here and enjoying the peace and quiet.
I am so thankful that they accept me into their family and let me just come here and hang out with them for a week.
And love me. Just as I am.
Just as I love them.

I think I missed the jack hammering today.
Well, I didn't emotionally "miss it", but physically was not present. And the good news is that my mom was not there, either. Good for her (unless, of course, I am wrong and that's not being done until tomorrow..... but we won't think about that).

It's about time for me to hit the hay, Peeps. I got up at 3:30 this morning .... not because I wanted to, or needed to, but because I still cannot sleep. I think I'm giving in and taking meds tonight. Getting only 2 to 4 hours of sleep a night can take its toll. And I'm refusing to pay the toll now!

So, if you don't mind, prayers for sleep would be great. And prayers that I can just relax here and enjoy the peace. I'm not very good at relaxing so I need some extra help on that front. I have books, we're working on a quilt that M's mom will end up finishing for me --- made up of Jim's t-shirts.
Oh ... and we have wine. So that should help. :)

Thanks, Peeps.
And happy Wednesday.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that you can relax and enjoy the peace. Praying the peace fills your soul.

JB

Mary Lou said...

Praying sweet sleep for you tonight and that you had it last night. Enjoy your peace and quiet and the sweet fellowship.

kdawnmartin said...

Dawn knows about bout the wine! And she loves her some wine! Relax and enjoy...and tell M I said hi! Love you tons sis!

Anonymous said...

If you're in Minneapolis, have fun at the Mall of America. I don't like to shop there but it's a great place to people watch.

Lisa B

Phyllis said...

Working on a quilt always is "pieceful"...and hopefully, peaceful leading to relaxation and good sleep.