Monday, November 23, 2009

Little Did We Know ....

.... that this would be our last Thanksgiving together.
Or our last family picture.

Or our last OSU game.


Or the last time I could make fun of Jim for being just like his dad.
We leave tomorrow to return to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. To say I am stressed is putting it lightly. But I'm going to do my best to have a good Thursday. In spite of .... well, you know.

Mom and the horse dog (who weighs in at almost 150 whopping pounds!) will be here with all of the workmen ..... again. Yes, she's a great mom and no, she's not up for adopting anyone .... she already has her hands full.
Unless, of course, you are willing to pay big bucks.
Or maybe even medium bucks.

Pray for me, Peeps.
Please.
I don't know if I'll have internet access or not.
So in case I don't ....
I must leave you with a question, mustn't I?

Hmmmm ..... what is your favorite dish to eat on Thanksgiving? Is it the turkey? Or is it a side?
I'm a side person. I love the stuffing. I stuff myself on stuffing.
And on mashed potatoes.
What about you?

I'll write if I can. Even if I can't I should hopefully be able to get the comments, so comment away.

Oh .... and Happy Thanksgiving, Peeps.
(and Happy Monday)

Now discuss ....

14 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Janine:

Praying that God will make His presence known as you embark on another difficult part of this widow journey. I pray for comfort, peace and safe travels for you.

With love and blessings to you and your family,

Beth

Carrie said...

Thank you for the reminder to cherish these family moments - I really needed it this week.

I will be praying for you, as I am sure this holiday is difficult for you.

As far as Thanksgiving dinner, I love it all. :) But my favorite part is pumpkin pie (or ANYTHING pumpkin)...and that cranberry jello stuff...and stuffing... :) Mmmmmm. :) We're going to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with friends on Sunday, but on Thursday we're hanging out at home & having a late brunch with biscuits & gravy and then a Mexican dinner with enchiladas & cheese dip...so no turkey for me to roast this year! :)

Tressa said...

Praying for you!!

My favorite dish is sweet potatoes. My mom puts marshmellows and brown sugar in them and they bake for a while. SOOOOO YUMMY!!

I hope you have a wonderful time, and again, I will pray for you!

Anonymous said...

Many thoughts and prayers for you and the kids this week.

My favorite Thanksgiving food is a
recipe handed down from my mom's Grandma...Baked Cauliflower. What makes it special is the homemade canned chili sauce and shredded cheese that covers it as it bakes. Oh,and a little splash of worchestershire sauce. No one in my family likes cauliflower so there is always plenty for me!!

Love you, Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hello Janine! I'm new to your blog, but have somehow felt a connection on many levels since I read my first post of yours. I appreciate your candor and willingness to put yourself "out there" for everyone to see. I'm also a what-you-see-is-what-you-get person. I'm a Texan, and my faith in Christ is very strong. December 18 is a total different meaning for me however, as it's the day my husband was born. Your husband looks to have been someone who loves his wife and family very deeply. You're very blessed to have had him choose you to share his love with you! I pray for you to physically feel God's loving arms embracing you, comforting you, His lovely daughter, who He loves so deeply. While I can not begin to know what your pain feels like, I completely understand the need for prayer and relief from life's pains. God bless you during the holidays my new friend.

My Dad's mashed potatoes are my favorite--made the extra fattening way with a stick of butter and enriched milk. Happy Thanksgiving!

Janine said...

hi Pam and welcome! Thank you for your kind words and especially for your prayers.
December 18 is very bittersweet .... it's also the birthday of my sister, my brother and my step-dad.
Your dad's potatoes sound great!
Janine

Mary Lou said...

May you have a sweeter time than you are expecting. May our great God do exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask, or imagine, according to the power that resides within us. Your mom is one of a kind, too bad she can't be cloned for the rest of us, ha, ha. She made a one of a kind daughter in you, you are special too. Sweet potatoes are my favorite, have them during the year also. Have a safe trip and a blessed time. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Lisa Turner Brown said...

Praying for you and your family. Prayers that you feel wrapped in peace and love.
Being a southern girl and all I have to say the cornbread stuffing my mom and/or sister make. Haven't had it in years. We're usually in Teague. I'll miss that trip this year - my ankle would blow up if I tried that trip.
Take care, have a safe trip and blame any over-indulgence on a request from me to "EAT SOME FOR ME"
Hope you have the Happiest Thanksgiving possible!

Cora White said...

well i will pray that you have a great trip. thanks for the reminder. With the rive time and $$ the way it is, i was getting down about going to my parents. Since you never i know i would regret missing the last thanksgiving much longer.

Anonymous said...

Janine,
I love you, your kids, and will be praying for all of you this week.
As for the food, you know that I have very few foods that I don't love, but sweet potatoes rate high on the list. I have a recipe for whipped sweet potatoes that involves butter and crushed corn flakes and brown sugar and marshmallows. It could be a dessert and I really hope it's on the buffet in heaven. It's that good.

SJW said...

STUFFING RULES!
And Rice pudding...and brussel sprouts witholive oil and garlic...and...

Here's to a measure of peace in all our hearts on T-day-and more.

Anonymous said...

FOOD with loved ones, that is eaten in peace and God's love. No more to say but that. I love you!
jybs

Stella said...

Sending you wishes for a holiday that brings peace and love to you.

(And a Bedlam win probably would not hurt, would it?)

Love,
Stella

Nat said...

I will keep all of you in my prayers and hope you enjoy your time with family.
Normally I am not into sweets but pumpkin pie is my favorite Thanksgiving treat! I also love the dressing-that's what we Georgia peaches call stuffing!
Love you all!