Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stuck in the Middle ....


.... of sleeping and not sleeping. I woke up at 3:15 this morning and have been up ever since. I managed to doze for maybe an hour around 5:30 but that's it. No solid sleep.
I'm tired.

I went to choir this morning and then sat in the freezing, wet weather at a football game. Why?I don't know.
Maybe it's because I wanted to show support to a friend who's son is on the team. And it could also be that I wanted to hang with another friend who was going along. And then there's the fact that I didn't realize that today's weather was going to be so miserable. It got worse the longer we sat at the game.
If I could get those 4 hours of my life back and do them over .... I'd verbally support my friend, call the other one to chat and stay home where it's nice and warm. Oh ... and I'd go out for coffee with the friend who had asked.

But we do not live in a world where "ifs" count, so I'll never get those hours back. But I do feel a bit wiser now.
I'm dang sure going to check the weather before I agree to go to the next outdoor sporting event!!

Happy Saturday, Peeps.
:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here we are, God showing up in the moments when we had something else planned and living it and then wondering should I have done it differently. I choose to say "If it was not right, show me your way, if this was your way Lord, what do I need to learn to appreciate the moments in this event". Not that I have achieved this, but that I yearn to view the world this way. Love you! jybs

Carrie said...

Love the picture of you between your two tall sons! :) I'm sorry you didn't sleep last night - that must be so rough! Praying you sleep better tonight!

kc bob said...

I so resonate with wanting to get those hours back.. I have done some silly stuff out of misplaced loyalties. I sometimes think that I just want to learn from my mistakes sooner :)