..... insane can a person be driven in less than a day?
If I had the energy I'd take pictures of my house and post them for you all to see.
At the moment, my front door has 3 huge holes in it, where it used to have locks and hardware. Those are now lying in my entryway .... along with the new locks and hardware that don't seem to fit in the door.
My shower door is getting ready to be taken off so that one piece of tile can be removed and replaced. It seems that in the 3rd attempt to drill the door on, they finally stopped breaking that area of tile. But in their glee at not having broken the tile, they failed to notice (or care?) that the tile was not sized correctly, thus it hung past the border.
Fabulous.
All of the cabinet doors, which were to be hung today after days and days of waiting for the hinges to come in, are lying on the floor or propped up against walls. It seems that these door were also not sized correctly.
The plumbers finally showed up to install the new hot water heater .... which means that they have had to shut off the water for the day.
You take a house full of 7 people plus 6 or 7 workmen ...... and no water ...... and you can pretty much imagine what you get.
The girls have just jumped in the car to run down to a friend's house for restroom privileges.
Thank God for friends.
Now if I can just keep the boys from using the trees I'll be happy.
What, you may ask, am I doing at this moment (besides bemoaning the fact that I completely forgot to write my post for Widow's Voice today .... I'm sorry, M!!)?
I'm sitting in my living room, watching people pass back and forth through my waterless house and I am slowly sipping on a Bloody Mary, which I just spilled on myself, but thankfully not on my sofa.
I'm slowly sipping and slowly going insane ..... and am very, very cranky.
Which should make for an interesting and memorable Christmas.
Thankfully, for me, I have a date tonight (probably not so thankfully for him, depending on how well I can hide my crankiness and insanity).
Stay tuned, Peeps.
Because there is NEVER, EVER a dull moment around here.
Happy freakin' Wednesday.
:)
6 comments:
Forget the bloody mary, go straight for the alcohol. Maybe a few shots! :)
You'll make it!
Janine, thank you for reminding us what visits from my kids will be like in a few years! As I've told others in the past, BIBOR (breathe in, breathe out, repeat). I used to tell people BIBO, but they kept passing out.
Very Merry Christmas (with the focus on why we are truly celebrating this time of year), from your former Kingwood and CTK, but now Virginia friends! Karen and Jerry
Wow -- the dating must be getting serious! Have fun and hope all gets finished soon.
-hugs-
laughing insanely at your post....we just finished a nine month remodel on our house. Nothing goes right with contractors the first time where we are concerned. It's nice to know someone else shares the same curse!!!
Enjoy the evening!! and here's to contractors that do it right the first time......cheers!
I just have 5 words: Finishing Touches Remodeling--Jerry Healey
Post a Comment