Well, we got the water back on. Unfortunately, it wasn't until about 2:00 a.m. that I realized we had no hot water.
So. Much. Fun.
Fortunately, I called the contractor this morning and we now have hot water.
I have not had to turn to alcohol today .... yet.
:)
The front door now has locks plugged into the holes .... yay for that.
The shower door is on the shower, though not exactly the way it's supposed to be on, but I'm choosing to pick my battles on Christmas Eve (hot water was a chosen battle).
The cabinet doors disappeared from my house so I have no idea when they will be hung.
One of the shower heads does not produce water .... again, choosing battles.
Tonight the kids and I will go to the Christmas Eve service at church, where Daughters #2 & #3 and I will sing in the choir. Then we will go out for our annual dinner with another family of good friends.
It will be a good night.
Speaking of the kids ..... one of the boys, who shall remain numberless, decided that I had broken curfew last night when I was not home by midnight.
He called my on my cell phone to ask me where I was and to remind me of the time.
What. The. Heck?
So much for being the mother.
I did inform him upon my return home that he was not my father and that I did not want to get such a phone call again.
Yes, it's endearing that he was concerned.
Yes, it's lovely that he cares.
Yes, it's totally obnoxious that he felt he had the right to do that.
I, as his mother, as the woman who endured many hours of labor and many, many hours of frustration, ups, downs, report cards, emotional roller coasters, teenage drama, etc. have EARNED the right to make such phone calls.
He has not.
I doubt that it will be his last call.
Sigh.
On that note of love and Christmas spirit ......
have a very nice Christmas Eve, Peeps .....
and a very blessed Christmas.
:)
5 comments:
Good afternoon my darling daughter.
Well, you've given me my chuckle for the day. Of course, had it been me that got the phone call, I might not have found it humorous. Being a mom is the greatest. Really. :0)
We love you and will see you tomorrow.
I had always told my kids when I would be home and they had always shown me the same courtesy . . . I can understand the Mom what in the world are you doing at midnight that you cannot do before midnight? Good-luck! I am sorry I am laughing at your expense :)Moni B
So glad that you were having enough fun to miss curfew!
Merry Christmas.osi
I bet it was Son #1, since he is the oldest of the boys and more thank likely feels he has the role of Man of the House...oh, how the roles change. What a hoot !! Praying for a blessed time for all of you tomorrow..
Again, I am humored by your writing style. As with your Mom, you make me smile. Have a Merry Christmas. Richard
Post a Comment