Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Tearless Christmas ....

.... for the first time in three Christmases.
That's something.
The kids and I had a good Christmas. Mom and D came in for the day and we went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie (and liked it).
It was a good day.
We missed Jim .... very much, but we survived.
Again.
I have enjoyed having the kids at home and just hanging out with them. It's been great to just relax with the girls. We've watched a few holiday movies, had some decent champagne and just enjoyed family time. It's been nice.
My bathroom is still unfinished, but useable. At least we have water ..... and it's hot (unlike the day after they put in the new hot water heater .... don't get me started).

So .... another holiday survived.
A big holiday survived.
Actually, more than survived.
Another holiday .... celebrated.

And that's something.

Thanks for the prayers, Peeps .... and happy Saturday.
:)

4 comments:

Juliana said...

Very happy to hear this news. I have been following your blog the whole time and this makes me very happy. For you and hope for myself as well. I did not have any idea how hard the holidays would be...and i cried more than I thought would be humanely possible! SIgh....

Jennifer B said...

Glad to hear Christmas went well. Having kids home is a very good thing. I am certainly enjoying my kids being home! Love you.

kikibibi said...

Merry Christmas J! Thought about you a ton. Lots of prayers for having warm hugs surround you and yor kids.

Carrie said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday - I was thinking of you & glad it went well.