

.... three to go.
Son #1 came home tonight. My house is full of males. And I'm still glad to see him.
Two years ago at this very hour .... I was sitting in a waiting room, never doubting for a moment that Jim would come out of surgery and he'd be fine.
Not for one moment.
Not until one of the surgeons came out around 11:00 or so to tell me that things had gone horribly wrong.
I don't remember the exact time but I do remember the feeling of being punched in the gut.
And of my world turning upside down.
I have a very clear memory of that.
To answer Anon's question about how we spent our last day ..... we had gone to the lake for the weekend so we spent that Sunday at the lake with the boys until around mid afternoon. Jim played football with the boys and just messed around up there until we came home.
Then he and I got ready for a Christmas party that evening. We hung out with friends and had a good time that night. We came home around 11:00 or so and went to bed .... and everything seemed fine.
Until 4:00 a.m. on the 17th when he awoke in pain.
So our last day together was a very good day. No regrets.
Other than not having enough time, but I'm sure that everyone has that regret.
It's never enough time.
As for the question about the stocking stuffers .... they range from gift cards, candy and jewelry, to make up and batteries and small games. It's never the same (other than the candy) .... it just depends on what Santa finds that year to fit inside of a stocking. :)
That's all for tonight, Peeps.
Sorry it's short, but I know you'll understand.
It's hard to blog tonight.
3 comments:
Praying for you today - this must be a very difficult day. And I needed this reminder & perspective today - it's my due date & I've been having contractions off & on since Tuesday & I'm having a terrible attitude about the fact that I don't have my baby yet. Which is not that big of a deal, in the big scheme of things. I will spend my time praying for you instead of focusing on my baby stuck inside. :)
Thinking of you.
You've been on my mind. Always in my heart. Jim's there, too. We still ask, WWJD? Of course meaning, what would Jim do. Nice that we knew him well enough to be able to answer that question most of the time. Really great that we were close enough to him for him to influence our lives in such a positive way forever. Love you. LG
Post a Comment