Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Sigh of Relief ....




.... with another MRI over and done with. The report was good so we wait another 4 months.
It was a long day .... I was supposed to report at 5:30 last night for the 6:00 MRI. I showed up at 5:30 and they took me right back to change into scrubs and start the IV. Then I sat in the waiting room .... for 2 hours. Yep, didn't get done with the MRI until 9:00 p.m. Ugh and double ugh.
But at least it's over.

The week is marching on. Whether I want it to or not.
It hasn't been a horrible week, but it hasn't been a great one, either.
The memories are flooding forth.
Two years ago today I was spending my last normal day with Jim. Little did I know that we only had a few hours left before my world would come crashing down.

Life is slowly getting better. It's certainly better than it was a year ago. But there are still days when I think of him, when I see a picture of him .... and I still cannot believe he's not here. He was such a strong presence .... not just to me or to our family, but to many people, that it's still sometimes unbelievable that he won't walk through the door at 6:30 p.m.
As my friend W said the other day, "The suck factor never goes away."

In other news .... today is Wednesday and though I didn't remind you, I did get two questions.
One was whether "Twilight" is a must-read book, considering how unreal the subject of vampires is.
I thought it was a really good book. Once I started getting into it I couldn't put it down. I'm almost done with the 2nd one now. I've never been a big fan of vampires, thus it took me quite a while to decide to read the series. I had several friends tell me how good it is so I finally decided to give it a try. I can now say that I am indeed a fan of vampires, but only the good and beautiful kind, which kind of limits my choices.
Good and beautiful werewolves aren't bad, either.
:)

I was also asked if we have the tradition of doing stocking stuffers for Christmas. That would be a huge yes. Sometimes I think the kids like the stocking stuffers more than they like their gifts. Santa does a fairly good job with the stockings. :)

OK, that's all for tonight. "New Moon" is calling me ....

Happy Wednesday, Peeps.
:)

5 comments:

H J Hess said...

True, the pain never goes away. A song or a store holiday display or a favorite show on tv or baking cookies or gathering for a special family meal or ...
It never goes away.
But the gratitude you feel in your heart for that special someone in your life never goes away. It is always with you.
Love always stays.

Anonymous said...

Hi J,
Thinking of you already but you will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow for sure. Keep your memories alive! I always find comfort in knowing that my spouse had a wonderful life and that makes me happy to know that was a part of that for 21 years. Thanks for sharing your life with me over the past two years. You are admired! Connie C.

kdawnmartin said...

I love you sis! So. Very. Much.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having an ok day today. If you wouldn't mind sharing (and it doesn't have to be today), how did you and Jim spend that last day together? Were you able to spend it with all the kids home, did he work all day, come home and go to bed? is there anything you regret about that day? I know its a random and personal question, so you're not expected to answer, I'm just curious.

Anonymous said...

Hey,you didn't give any stocking stuffer ideas. I have a girl 17 and a boy 19 and I don't have a thing for the stockings... help. Thanks, LG