..... actually it's only tomorrow that will be medically busy.
I get to get up bright and early tomorrow morning, only to be put back to sleep (tell me what sense that makes?!) so that I can get a mother-lode injection deep into the muscles of my shoulder. Again.
I had this done two years ago, which ... it seems ... is a pretty good run for a shoulder injury. So I'm hoping for a good two more years. My rotator cuff is pulled and seems to be a wee bit (OK, a HUGE bit) angry about that. So tomorrow he will be drugged and hopefully quiet for a couple of years.
Tomorrow afternoon I go in for my 4 month MRI and x-rays. I'm hoping to be awake enough after the injection to make sure I get the tests done on the right body parts. You never know.
I'll talk to the dr. about the results Wednesday morning. This test no longer even raises my blood pressure. Yay.
Meanwhile, I'm awaiting blood work results that will tell my other doctor if I have to give myself B-12 injections for the rest of my life. Yep, it seems that my body (actually my stomach cells) rejects B-12 and refuses to absorb it. Or maybe it's just really sluggish about it, which would be much better (pills, no shots). Who knew that B-12 was such a hugely necessary element for one's body? (it produces red blood cells and without it one can become anemic, depressed, get tinnitus, nausea, and many, many other things I've experienced over the last year or so.)
I was talking to a friend about this the other day and she commented that I seemed very calm about it.
I am.
In the "big scheme" of things .... this, to me, is no big deal. It's just a blip on the radar screen. A minor annoyance.
I've gone through the "big thing" ..... the worst thing I still think I will ever go through. Ever.
So this .... is mostly nothing.
It's nice to feel calm about things.
I wonder if I will always react this way now .... or if it's just temporary. Maybe I still have yet to get back into the "normal" rhythm of life (whatever the hell that is!).
I don't know.
But I don't think I'll ever feel "normal" again.
And that's OK.
It feels good to finally feel OK with things not really being OK.
Really good.
Happy Monday, Peeps.
:)
3 comments:
What a day! Praying for you and your day tomorrow, thankful that you have peace.
Love you! jybs
Praying for your week Janine! Best of luck with all of the medical "stuff"!
Patty
just saw your tweet. praying for you, friend.
Post a Comment