Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Have My Limits .....

So tomorrow the camping begins.
I'm looking forward to it. The weather will be amazing. :)
Yes, the lake would be a much more comfortable place, but we're going with several other families. They do this once a year. I'm the new guy.

Yes, I'm still having a few problems with my hip, and my shoulder is horrible at the moment. I still haven't made the choice to do injections again, but it's where we're heading.
Unfortunately.
I think the air mattress will help to cushion both areas so I'm not worried.

C and I are in charge of dinner tomorrow. I hit the grocery store today and got everything we'll need ..... I hope. We're taking the easy way .... grilling burgers and hot dogs.
Should be a cinch. Right?

So yes, I'm going camping.
Not for the first time, however. I've enjoyed it the few times I've done it in the past with Jim and the kids. We always went with a group of people, too. I liked it.

But ..... just so we're all clear ..... I DO have my limits.

C asked me if I could take on the job of walking the girls to the restroom in the middle of the night.

I said ...... no.
Didn't even pause to think about it.
No way.
Nope.
Nary a chance.
Don't even think about it.

I've put my time in with taking kids to the restroom at all hours, in all kinds of places .... in all kinds of weather.
I. Am. Done.

Besides .... I'm just the girl friend.
Not the restroom-walker.

I think he was kidding.
With a side of hope.

I trashed his hope.
:)

Happy Thursday, Peeps.
I'll see you when I get back.

In the mean time ..... I'll try to twitter anything exciting that I experience.

Don't hold your breath.

:)




1 comment:

Mom said...

Good morning my darling daughter. Well, I have total confidence in you. Anything you put your mind to you can accomplish. Even tent camping. And the "restroom walker"
was laugh-out-loud funny. I can see you turning down that opportunity without a moment's hesitation. You make me chuckle. Thanks.
I'll be thinking of you in your tent.
I love you bunches.