.... starts tomorrow.
I am heading to Canton, TX (Google it if you've never heard of it .... wow!) with a group of my sorority sisters. We've known each other since most of us were 18 .... and it's been an amazing ride.
I am SO looking forward to this weekend. And not because it's Canton (though I've never been), but because of these women and what they mean to me.
Can.
Not.
Wait.
I bought my ticket today to San Diego for Camp Widow in August. This will the second annual meeting and again ..... I can't wait.
It's not the cry-fest that most people imagine.
Nope. Far from it.
It's a fun-filled weekend and it's a blast.
And this year, C is going, too.
I get to spend the week before with Jim's brother and his family again and I always love being with them. It's been too long (last Thanksgiving).
In June Daughter #1 and I are cruising around Greece ..... hopefully. This is her graduation present for doing a great job at that uppity Ivy League school located somewhere near, but not in, Boston (she doesn't relish me giving out info about her ..... or even the fact that she exists, so I do what I can to oblige her loner-tendencies).
I say "hopefully" because if you've been reading the news much at all over the past few months you know that Greece ain't doing too hot in the economic arena. In fact, it's trying (futility) to avoid being a nation that's about to go bankrupt. It doesn't look good for Greece.
However, I vow to help that country out of it's monetary-black hole in each and every way I can ..... or die trying.
This is my oath.
After I've saved Greece from the brink of oblivion, I have to rest up as much as I can (which will hopefully be a lot after walking all over that dang country .... and Turkey .... and Rome with D#1) .... because I'm heading to Germany in September with a group from our church. We're going to see the Passion Play in Oberammergau. THE Passion Play.
We're seeing other sites, too .... like Berlin, Prague, Munich, Heidelberg and Frankfurt.
And there will be much walking.
Rah.
Whew! I'm already exhausted and I haven't even packed for this weekend yet!!
Before I part, however, I will make another vow.
Even though I may be on the other side of the world at times this year (physically as well as emotionally) .... I will still be thinking of you, my Peeps and I will take you with me and include you in as many pictures as I can.
(I am SO glad that I found that "week-after-Easter-sale" at the drug store and snatched the last small package of Peeps ..... SCORE!!)
Happy Wednesday, Peeps.
See you in Canton.
:)
2 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Canton! You will have so much fun!!
Love, Love, Love that you are coming to camp. AND that you are bringing C. Love it. Oh, and have fun at all those other places too! ;)
Post a Comment