I wish we'd made it.
I wish he were here, sitting with me in the Boston airport, so I could tease him about all if the attention he gave Daughter #1 on OUR anniversary!
He would've teased back, telling me that May 28th would now be her day, since she managed to graduate from such a high class (?) institution. :)
But he's not.
Instead, I am sitting here, alone, watching the people around me and thinking what a great time I had with D1. I feel so blessed that I could come here for her big day. Her huge, gigantically enormous day. Well, at least that's how it felt to me.
And I am blessed to be seeing her in 2 weeks for what will hopefully be an amazing trip for the two of us.
Jim is not here.
And I am blessed.
Today, the day after what would have been our 27th anniversary, I can say those two sentences together.
More importantly, I can say the second one and feel it. Truly feel it.
Even though Jim is not here.
Even though I still cry when I write about him.
Even though I still miss him as much as I did that first hour.
I. Am. Blessed.
Even though.
Happy Saturday, Peeps.
:)
5 comments:
What a blessing it has been to follow you on your journey and see how God had worked in and through you. You are a blessing to a lot of people. May you continue to draw your strength from Him.
We are blessed in more ways than we even know.
And…
As we continue to mend and Heal.
As we continue to move forward and redefine.
As we continue to breathe.
We are not alone…
JTE, I continue to admire you and see strength in you.
Chris A
So glad you and D1 could share her big day. How does it feel to be the mother of a Harvard graduate?? Congratulations to both of you! Jim
has to be so proud of you both as well! Love you, V.
I am so srry that u had to spend that day alone..I hope that it get better
Blessed.... You are a blessing.
JB
Post a Comment