..... well, he never had much of a butt, but if you see him before I do please don't tell him that I said that. I'll just deny it anyway.
I came home from Canton on Sunday and proceeded to back my car into the driveway so that I could unload it. I had 2 somewhat heavy pieces of furniture that I needed to carry into the house (with the wonderful strong help of Son #2). We managed to bring everything in with no problems whatsoever.
I should have stopped while I was ahead.
I then decided that since the car was already backed in, I should go ahead and back it into the garage.
So I did.
Right into a large book shelf with a fire extinguisher hanging on it.
And this is the result:
It seems that while one is backing one's car up, one should pay attention to not only the side mirrors, but to the rearview mirror as well.
I did not.
I am a moron.
That was such a sucky way to end a marvelous trip.
But, I just stood and looked at all of the glass all over my garage, looked at the back of the car for a moment (and the good-sized dent in the door under the window) ...... and then just closed the garage door and went into the house, not even glancing behind me.
Yes, that's how I sometimes deal with huge stressful situations.
I don't.
For a time, anyway.
Which I think is a great idea .... at least for me.
It gives me time to calm down and realize that crap happens.
And that's life.
Not a huge thing in the big picture.
Two days later (yes, it took that long) I went out and cleaned up all of the glass and then took the car to the shop to be fixed.
I thought the two people who looked at it and gave me the estimate showed amazing restraint by not asking me what the hell happened.
They even kept a straight, though somewhat stunned-looking, face.
My car should be ready today.
Which will be good because I have to go to Big D to pick up some of Son #1's stuff from his dorm tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to seeing him.
He's going to show us some of the local sites.
Like where the Jonas brothers live.
If we can locate some ski masks and some grappling hooks.
I'm stumped on where to buy grappling hooks.
Ideas?
He actually does know where they live.
He also saw them in the local mall one day (I think he was stalking them, he denies it).
He also got to meet (I think) Diane Keaton the other day on campus.
He sent me a text that said she says hi.
I said hi back.
The boy is rubbing elbows.
Add Diane and the Jonas boys to President Bush (W) and I know I'm impressed.
Heck, the most famous person I ever met, face to face with a handshake, was Red Skelton.
And most of you probably don't even know who he was.
Sigh.
Happy Friday, Peeps.
:)
3 comments:
I am impressed that you met Red Skelton...I loved him!
By the way, my husband's pick up used to have a "cover" on it. He backed it into (parially) the garage with the back door of it open. It opened "up", so of course it did not fit and it looked just like what happened to your car.
To make that even more interesting...he did it TWICE!
Good morning my darling daughter. What a co-inky dink! D and I had a conversation with Red Skelton once when we were in Las Vegas! A very nice man. D likes to say we had breakfast with him. Well, we were in the same restaurant at Ceasar's Palace. :0)
Sorry about your car. :(
We love you bunches.
Would you believe that I not only know who Red Skelton was, but that I also OWN a grappling hook?
Post a Comment