Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jim's favorite place

     Well, here we are.  And it's gone better than I had expected.  I was actually pretty ready to come and get past the past.  Or to at least embrace the past, I guess.  Jim loved it here --- we were able to totally relax, even if we had work to do.  I'm glad that his last weekend was spent here, with the boys and me.  
     Son #1 helped me go through the files here.  Then I cleaned out our closet and packed up Jim's clothes.  
     Sons #2 & #3 went fishing.  All 3 were going to take the boat out (I know absolutely zero about that boat) but the battery is dead.  No surprise there.  It's being charged and hopefully they'll be able to go out in the morning.  They love it here, too.
     So I guess I'm not the only person that needs to vent about medical stuff!  That could probably be an entire blog!  Oh, and since no one commented on my vent about the woman who needed money, I'm thinking that everyone thinks I AM a terrible person!  Oh well.
     I'm feeling much better.  I even played tennis this morning -- finally.  The head and ears thing is still going on, but I'm getting used to that.  I forgot to mention that I have hearing loss in one ear, which is not a good sign with the other symptoms.  I've always had really good hearing but I knew something was amiss.  I just thought the kids were always mumbling.  Guess I can stop blaming them for that!  Looks like I may have my MRI on Monday.  Maybe it's just sinuses.
     I had a great quiet time with God this morning.  I had to confess that I haven't totally let go of bitterness.  I know that He loves me and that His plan is only good for me and the kids.  He hasn't caused all of these awful things.  He's allowed them (and I may never know why, which I've accepted) but they weren't His will.  I was even able to pray for specific people and situations -- probably for the first time since December 18th.  It was good and I felt that He and I are good.
     Speaking of the 18th, it didn't bother me yesterday -- also for the first time.  I actually didn't even think of it beforehand, until someone mentioned it the day before.  And then yesterday I only thought of it a couple of times.  Really.  I guess that's good.  
     So, all in all, the past two days have been better days.  I know better than to think this is a trend, but to just enjoy the better days when they come.  
     And so I have.
     


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture AND the fact that you are allowing this healing into your life. You are one hell of a woman.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...were we supposed to comment on your venting? Sorry dear sister!
You are NOT a terrible person and that woman was SOOOOO out of line in calling you at home! Would you like me to come and find her and kick her sorry butt? I will...just for you!
There. Is that better? *grin*
I sure wish I could be there to help you get through some of this.

McKenna's school talent show is tomorrow night and they are making me sing. We had dress rehearsal tonight. Why did I have kids again?

J, please keep my mom and Speed in your prayers. He's in the hospital tonight. Apparently he's having some TIA strokes...and I'm pretty worried.

I love you tons and I'm so very proud of you. Im glad that the lake was a good experience. Please keep us posted when the MRI is over. We'll be waiting for word.

Lis

Anonymous said...

I agree with Leslie.

I love you to the infinite power.

I'm sorry I didn't call you back today! I was with people pretty much for the rest of the day and I didn't want to be rude to them. It's tough being this popular. For real.

But I'll call tomorrow! I got the external hard drive to work!

OH! And remind me to tell you my text message story.

Okay... I'll talk to you tomorrow!!

I love, love, love, love, LOVE you!

And I'm SO proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read a bit of peace in your entry. You never cease to amaze me. And pish-posh, you are the antithesis of terrible. Mary Jo

Unknown said...

You are so far from "terrible"! When I was working with IHN there was one young woman in particular I remember who would ask for help and money and I think I gave her some of my clothes at one point and then I remember someone telling me that certain people in those situations just learn to ask and ask because people keep giving stuff to them rather than them learning to take care of themselves - they learn to manipulate to get what they want. A woman calling your home to ask for money was a total intrusion! You are awesome and funny and kind and sooo far from terrible. Did I say that already? :) Wishing you a good flight and much better luck than me & the kids had! We still don't have our luggage... living in Walmart clothes. LOL. Have a blessed Easter. He is Risen!