I hope you enjoyed the earlier chuckle, even though it was recycled.
I had so much to do at work today and still am not done, but had to force myself to leave this afternoon before I had a meltdown.
I waited until I got home. But I still didn't melt down as much as I probably needed to.
I don't have time.
Went to Beth Moore, which of course was great, but also was a little sad for me tonight. Must've just been my mood.
I've been really blowing off this whole trip to the surgeon tomorrow, but I'm guessing that my body was not fooled.
I am stressed.
And it doesn't help that I have to leave at 6:30 in the morning to make this appointment.
I'm tired and can't sleep.
I'm tired and need a break.
I think I'll move to Australia.
And tomorrow is Wednesday so send in some questions so I can focus on something other than my life for a moment!!!
12 comments:
How about something political on this inauguration night? Are you watching the coverage of the festivities?
you reckon you'll move to australia? :) well, i'll put you up for a few nights if you visit my town. :)
sorry for the lack of reasonable comments lately. the dial-up makes it hard to do much more than skim posts in my reader. i'm so ready to get my own REAL internet in my new house...
Do not be surprised if I show up on your doorstep!! I'm living vicariously though all of you Aussies as I watch the Australian Open!!!
Yay for real internet in a new house!!! Guess that means you really are a big girl now, right?
:)
My Question:
Did your children ever say anything really naughty? If so, what was it (You can "skirt" the exact words if necessary!) and how did you deal with it?
I have several stories, but when the youngest daughter was 2 years old, I was lying in bed next to her telling her the story of Goldilocks and the 3 bears. When I was done, I asked, "Mackie, what would you do if you came home and found a bear in YOUR bed?" She looked at me very thoughtfully...and replied...
"I would kick his a$$!" I stifled my hysterical laughter and said, "Mackie! That is NOT a nice way to say that!", to which she thought again and said, "I would kick his A's?"
I could have died laughing! I can't IMAGINE where she learned that language!!!
I love you and I'll be praying for you tomorrow and thinking of you all day.
Lis
My cousin lost his wife suddenly and unexpected when she was about 42. He posted an Irish folklore saying, it went something like, "Our tears are our departed loved one reminding us how much they love us". I thought of you, and wanted to share that. HUGS!!!!
If it won't make you too sad, what did Beth teach on? What spoke to your heart? Did you come away with something to ponder? Praying for you as you go to the doctor. You should be there right now. Praying for you to get some restful sleep. Blessings..
Praying for you while you are at the doctor. I hope that you are able to get some rest today.
I'm intrigued with how you learned to do all the "fancy stuff" with your blog. For example, how do you cross out words, load all the photos and videos,etc. I have no desire to have my own blog but was just curious how you do it all.
When talking about the "Birds and the Bees" with your kids . . . did you get the girls and did Jim get the boys? In my family girl and boy I got to do both . . . and my son ask an embarrassing amount of questions. It all started with my son 3rd grade . . . yes 3rd grade when the neighbors were going through a nasty divorce and fighting for the kids . . . my son said the wife should get the kids because he said Mom you know they are hers (seeing her pregnant with the 4th and not realizing the guy had anything to do with it). I told him the kids were half his and half hers . . . he was very confused . . . I did get the book out and once things connected the lightbulb went off . . . first he had a total look of disguised on his face . . . but then after that he got very close to his father realizing he was more than just some guy hanging out at the house.
Thinking of you and praying for no speed bumps.
My question:
How did you and Jim choose the names of the kids. What are their middle names, if you are OK with writing it C. James or whatever. I love choosing names and I love their names.
Love,
Melanie
Are your children close with each other and if so how do you keep them close? I have teens and they seem to be drifting, but I want them to be like me and my sister...
Hey lady..hope everything went well @ the doctors..email me and let me know that you are fine and smiling...
Post a Comment