Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy 15th!!

Today is Son #3's 15th b-day.
Time flies.

We went out to dinner with K & J and their sons and then home for cake. Surprisingly (kind of), Son #1 was home. He had told me that he had a sailing regatta this weekend but I it had escaped my mind (as so many things do now a days) until we walked in and saw him sitting in the family room.

Here are a couple of pictures:




I lost my tennis match today, though it was a good match. At least up until the point at the end of the 2nd set when I went for an overhead and my body ran backwards while my tennis shoes did not. They remained stuck to the ground, which caused me to fall backwards, slamming my hips on the ground first and then the back of my head. Nice.
Not really.
It hurt like a big dog. That was at around 10:00 a.m. and I still have a headache 10 hours later. Fortunately I already had an MRI schedule for noon today so I had them check that out. I received no news so hopefully that's a good thing, although I've told the boys that if I fall asleep and they can't wake me up they need to call 9-1-1 (like they're going to remember that!).
Anyway, not a good way to end the match. Actually, we paused for a while and then started playing again, and then lost. But at least the show went on.
Wait ..... that's supposed to be theatre, not tennis. Dang it!
I knew I was too confused to continue to play!!! :)

So that was my day: tennis, slamming my head onto the court, MRI, 2 hour nap, dinner with boys and friends, cake with boys, blogging .... and now bed.

Hopefully the headache will be gone tomorrow when I awake.

Here's a question for you, Peeps ..... what's the most embarrassing you've done like that? Have you tripped, fallen, whatever and been a little humiliated?
Do share.
Please.

:)

10 comments:

Leslie said...

I just cannot believe that C. is 15. I remember so vividly when you were pregnant for him. And I've been gone almost 15 years from Kingwood. Life flies by so much faster than we can embrace. Love to that last boy of yours.

Anonymous said...

I was playng in a tennis tournamnet on the center court in the early rounds. The bleachers were half filled with other players casually watching my game, but mostly geting ready for their own games. I was staying up with my opponent. Then I was presnted with an easy overhead 4 feet from the net. I was so focusd on the location of the shot that I missed the ball entirely. From the thrill of victoy to the agony of defeat, all in lees than 1 second.

Carrie said...

Oh, man, I hope you ARE feeling better this morning!!! I had an embarrassing moment a couple weeks ago at church - I was walking with Zachary's hand in one hand, he was walking next to me up these stairs (it's like 3 stairs, very easy to climb, you'd think), and I had Bible bag & diaper bag on my other arm & a mug of coffee in my hand & I'm 7 months pregnant, so I'm about as graceful as a hippopotamus, and someone just barely bumped one of my bags, and I totally lost my balance, in slow motion I fell so that I was sitting on the steps in my skirt, and I think I managed to step on Zachary's foot during the process, so he was crying & almost falling down next to me, plus he's scared, because why is Mommy sitting on the stairs at church all of a sudden... :) So, yeah, that's my dumb moment for the month (I HOPE!). :)

kdawnmartin said...

ok, 7th grade...picture day. I hated wearing dresses to school but it was picture day and I had to look pretty...anyway had to go to the bathroom so got a hall pass whent to the bathroom and as i was walking out of the bathroom the cutest guy in school and the class clown were to my right, I say hi and they say hi and I go on my marry way. All of a sudden I hear "Hey Sunrise (whole other comment story) nice panties" Comes to find out when I went to the bathroom I pulled up my pantiehose and my dress went with them. By the end of the day....EVERYONE new the color of my panites. Will never forget it! The joys of junior high! Hope your Headache is gone today. Love you Janine!6 more days!!! Woooo HOOOOOOOOO!

Mary Lou said...

About two years ago, I was "walking" thru church,going from one building to another with some other ladies. We were going to a funeral visitation. I stumbled over a tile that was sticking up. No damage, except to my pride. No one said anything. I've always said that mother should have named me Mary Grace instead of Mary Lou. I am so sorry that you fell and hit your hips and then your head. Hope it didn't make your sore hip hurt more too. Thanks for being so transparent and I believe you are transparent and don't hide behind a mask on here. We all hide behind masks from time to to time. We don't want people to see the "real" us, for fear they will judge and not accept us as we are. Don't know why I got off on that, it just seemed to fit. Hope today is a good one for you. Blessings....and prayers coming your way...Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

embarassing moment --- falling down in Berlin while we were out jogging with friends. Hurt like everything but of course I kept running. Evening though my knee was swollen for weeks!
Oh, well !
Life goes on! Hope you are feeling better today.
mjd

thecoolestmom3 said...

In my early 20's I was on a softball team and played catcher. During one intense play, the ball was hit far into outfield. Being the awesome player I was.....I got ready for the play at home plate...except instead of throwing off my mask, I threw down my glove. Needless to say I wasn't quite as ready as I thought I was :)

Grandma K said...

Been embarrassed by some trip or fall? Let me count the ways . . .

On second thought, there are too many to recount!!!

Nat said...

When G and I first started dating we met up with some of his friends to go skiing in Winter Park. This was only the 2nd time I had met them and as soon as I stepped out of the car to greet them, I slipped on ice and fell flat on my butt, hard.
My future hubby just stood there laughing for what seemed like a long time along with his friends.

Unknown said...

I wanted to comment on 2 things. First when I read that C turned 15 I was like, wiat he isn't 2 years older than Savannah, he's the same age... DOh! That needs to be a "Not Me Monday" (ie I forgot how old my daughter is... she will also be 15 this year, in Dec, but I literally had to think for like a literal minute to reconcile that fact in muy brain. My baby girl is only 13! not 14! Butthat wouldn't make sense because Sam just turned 13... :) Anyway... the oither thing that made me laugh out loud is a phrase you used that I used to say ALL the time but it's been so long I totally forgot about its existence, and that was "It hurt like a big dog" - ha that is the funniest saying!! However I'm sorry you fell and hurt yourself! :( Hope you get better quickly!