Happy Tuesday, Peeps.
Yesterday was an "off day". They happen.
Everything around and in and through me seemed "off".
I miss him.
So much.
So today is a new day.
I had to get up at 6:15 to take Son #3 to tutoring this morning. As I drove him to the high school I said, "Please don't do this to me anymore." He looked at me and said .... "Okay?", of course not knowing what I meant.
I meant that I'm tired.
I meant that I'm not only physically tired but I am emotionally tired of being an only parent.
And there's not a blessed thing he can do about it, poor thing.
He know's a lot of other kids who could give him a ride once in a while to tutoring, so I suggested that, but when he comes home I will apologize for saying that because ..... it's not his fault.
It's not anybody's fault, but it still sucks.
I am at work right now but think I'll be leaving before long to go home and take a nap. Evidently I need one. Badly.
And then I need to pack because tomorrow I leave for my yearly "fair trip" to Tulsa. I am really looking forward to this (yay for looking forward to things!). I get to spend 2 days with my friend, V, and some time with some great sorority sisters, plus time with my sister who's flying in from Chicago (yay Dawn!!) and my Dad and C. Mom and D are coming up, too. Much fair junk fook will be consumed (way too much) and much people-watching and jaw-dropping will occur.
And maybe some shopping.
Probably some shopping.
OK, who am I kidding .... there will definitely be some shopping.
I will try to blog when I can, but will definitlely Twitter to keep you up to date on here and on my Facebook.
Thanks for your prayers for safe travel for me and protection for the boys while I'm gone (and wise choices!). They will be well-watched.
Before I go I have to leave you with this video of Steven Curtis Chapman's new song about his daughter (who died last year). I love this song and it touches my heart and I picture Jim when he sings it.
I also need to leave you with a question, of course. Let's see ..... since I'll be at the fair, eating all kinds of fried things (like fried Twinkies!!!) ...... let's go along that discussion .......
what is the strangest food you ever ate?
I hear that they now have fried butter at some fairs. Ummmmmm .... while I may be a sucker for a deep fried Twinkie, slathered with powdered sugar ..... I'm not entirely ready to die yet and anyway, just the words "fried butter" make me gag.
OK, enjoy the video .... it's a lovely, touching song ...... and then answer the question, please.
Pretty please with powdered sugar on top.
:)

Yesterday was an "off day". They happen.
Everything around and in and through me seemed "off".
I miss him.
So much.
So today is a new day.
I had to get up at 6:15 to take Son #3 to tutoring this morning. As I drove him to the high school I said, "Please don't do this to me anymore." He looked at me and said .... "Okay?", of course not knowing what I meant.
I meant that I'm tired.
I meant that I'm not only physically tired but I am emotionally tired of being an only parent.
And there's not a blessed thing he can do about it, poor thing.
He know's a lot of other kids who could give him a ride once in a while to tutoring, so I suggested that, but when he comes home I will apologize for saying that because ..... it's not his fault.
It's not anybody's fault, but it still sucks.
I am at work right now but think I'll be leaving before long to go home and take a nap. Evidently I need one. Badly.
And then I need to pack because tomorrow I leave for my yearly "fair trip" to Tulsa. I am really looking forward to this (yay for looking forward to things!). I get to spend 2 days with my friend, V, and some time with some great sorority sisters, plus time with my sister who's flying in from Chicago (yay Dawn!!) and my Dad and C. Mom and D are coming up, too. Much fair junk fook will be consumed (way too much) and much people-watching and jaw-dropping will occur.
And maybe some shopping.
Probably some shopping.
OK, who am I kidding .... there will definitely be some shopping.
I will try to blog when I can, but will definitlely Twitter to keep you up to date on here and on my Facebook.
Thanks for your prayers for safe travel for me and protection for the boys while I'm gone (and wise choices!). They will be well-watched.
Before I go I have to leave you with this video of Steven Curtis Chapman's new song about his daughter (who died last year). I love this song and it touches my heart and I picture Jim when he sings it.
I also need to leave you with a question, of course. Let's see ..... since I'll be at the fair, eating all kinds of fried things (like fried Twinkies!!!) ...... let's go along that discussion .......
what is the strangest food you ever ate?
I hear that they now have fried butter at some fairs. Ummmmmm .... while I may be a sucker for a deep fried Twinkie, slathered with powdered sugar ..... I'm not entirely ready to die yet and anyway, just the words "fried butter" make me gag.
OK, enjoy the video .... it's a lovely, touching song ...... and then answer the question, please.
Pretty please with powdered sugar on top.
:)

P.S. Since I'll be out of town we'll skip "Ask Me Wednesday" for this week. But think up some questions because we'll pick it back up next Wednesday!
13 comments:
I think you are certainly entitled to your off days!! I'm glad you're excited about your trip! Go have fun, and think about all your peeps well your doing it!! Now....You're on Facebook!?!?! How did I miss that. Can I search you by email? If not, you can just add me...Angie Moles Nichols, Roanoke, VA. Hope you get a nap!
Dear Janine:
"Only parenting" -- it STINKS!!!! Hope your trip is absolutely wonderful as you spend time with family and friends. Love the song by Steven Curtis Chapman -- can't seem to get videos to work on my "new" computer lately -- have no idea what's wrong - ugh! Anyways, the strangest food I tasted was frog legs -- I worked at a buffet style restaurant in high school. Frogs legs were on the menu - they actually came as half a frog and the cook had to cut the two legs apart -- YUCK! But I did taste them -- cooked, of course. I think I also ate some kind of tongue while in Europe(at least that's what me and my friends imagined because it looked and tasted, well, like no other meat I've ever had before.
Enjoy your away time.
Hugs and prayers,
Beth in NC
I heard this song this morning on the radio...he is able to capture so much through his words and music. Have a fun trip. AmyA
Octopus. Cut up and fried with oil and cabbage in some sort of Japanese dish that a exchange student teacher at our school tried to make for the staff.
I threw up all night after that. I'm pretty sure she didn't know how to cook it because it tasted rotten and was the worst texture I have ever had in my life. I just ate a few pieces to be polite.
single parenting would have to suck. i'm sad that jim is gone, but glad that you don't have to deal with all the drama and @#$%@& of a awful divorce, hateful sepmother issues, etc. i hope that doesn't sound crass. i mean it in the most encouraging way.
weirdest thing i ever ate was pan seared black ants. mmmm. do NOT taste like chicken!! (i hate it when the little legs get caught in your teeth. . . so much more awkward than having parsley or spinach in your teeth!!)
have a great trip and even tho you said no questions, i had to ask. . . what sorority?
single parenting would have to suck. i'm sad that jim is gone, but glad that you don't have to deal with all the drama and @#$%@& of a awful divorce, hateful sepmother issues, etc. i hope that doesn't sound crass. i mean it in the most encouraging way.
weirdest thing i ever ate was pan seared black ants. mmmm. do NOT taste like chicken!! (i hate it when the little legs get caught in your teeth. . . so much more awkward than having parsley or spinach in your teeth!!)
have a great trip and even tho you said no questions, i had to ask. . . what sorority?
Hi Janine,
I love fairs. Wish I could go to the Big E in Springfield, MA, but alas, that's not happening this year. (Actually, I've never been, but now that the kids are bigger, I wanted to bring them.)
Weirdest thing I ever ate? Hands down, it was a chocolate ravioli with mascarpone cheese filling. It was also the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. How can this be? you ask, since it had chocolate in it. Trust me, it was horrible. :)
I read your blog at every post but for some reason I don't comment all that often.
I just wanted to tell you to have a great trip and I can't wait to hear all about it once you get back.
Some of my most memorable times was driving my daughter to swim practice at 5:05 in the morning . . . this was our time with no distractions. If it is just now and then you have to drive your child to tutoring I can understand not being in a routine of getting up early could be very, very difficult.
Hmmm,
Octopus is good - prepared the Greek way, fresh from the sea. Same with Cretan snails, cooked in butter - taste mushroomy and delicious.
I've had crocodile meat on a pizza.
Also one of the boys on school camp cooked huhu grubs, which were apparently a roasted peanut flavour.
Lambs brains are tasty - I've never cooked them but they are a bit like king prawn/chicken.
And Chilli chocolate and chocolate chille are both great.
Oh I am jealous that you get to go to my favorite state fair!
Please have fun, eat til you are sick, and enjoy some time away from normal every day stuff.
Hugs!
Maddy
Oh J--- this touched a place I tuck away and don't let up very often. I love you! JYBS
Weirdest thing I ever ate-well RJ beat me to the alligator pizza (it was delicious) so now I have to say it was in Amsterdam and it was steak tar tar(raw meat). I remember it being very tasty and fresh.
Have a great time and enjoy your time with all the friends and family.
Post a Comment